01

Some of Ramsay's men had surrendered to her and now worked in the kitchens of Winterfell castle.  The twenty-four year old Stark-Targaryen stood on the balcony of her room in nothing but her nightgown. She'd come to welcome the cold, in fact she even enjoyed it.

It was just after dawn, and she found the sunrise beautiful. She didn't have time to enjoy it, because a knock on her door sounded.

"My queen, you are needed at once."

"Come in, Maester." She said, turning to face him as he entered. "What has happened?"

"A woman claiming to be Lady Sansa Stark, of House Stark, has come to Winterfell."

"Ned Stark's daughter has come?"

"Yes, Your Grace. She wishes to speak with the one who rules the North."

"Make sure she is comfortable, I will be with you soon. I must dress."

The Maester nodded and bowed, then retreated from the room.

Erena, her maid, scurried in and helped her dress in her armor, which is what she usually wore. "Would you like your sword, my lady?" Erena was the only one who could call Rhaenys 'my lady' without angering her because she quite liked her maid. 

"Yes, thank you." She replied, Erena handing her the sword she loved, and Rhaenys strapped it to her waist. 

"Do not be too harsh on Lady Sansa." Erena said softly. "I remember her. She was very kind."

The Queen in the North smiled. "You need not worry, dear Erena. I do not intend to be harsh." With that, she exited the room, making her way down to the hall.

"Your Grace." Ser Reed and Ser Floryence greeted as she approached the girl claiming to be Sansa. 

"So, you are Sansa Stark?"

The red-haired girl turned toward her. "I am, Your Grace." 

"Call me Rhaenys, please. Anyone who was born in Winterfell need not address me as Queen."

"Queen?" She had called this girl 'Your Grace' because the Sers had said it was wise, but she hadn't quite grasped that the blonde was Queen. 

"Yes." She glanced toward Floryence and Reed. "Leave us." Both bowed to her, then walked away, her looking back to Sansa. "I freed Winterfell from Ramsay Bolton and in gratitude, the Northmen made me Queen."

"You are not a Stark. Father always said that there-"

"-must always be a Stark in Winterfell. My maid, Erena, said that Lord Stark used to say that." She walked toward Sansa. "I am a Stark."

The eldest Stark daughter studied the blonde girl, noticing her eyes were violet. That eye color only came to one bloodline. The Targaryen's. "You're a Targaryen."

"I am both. Your father's sister, Lyanna is my mother, and Prince Rhaegar Targaryen my father."

Sansa said nothing. "You are the heir to the Iron Throne."

"I am, should my cousin, Daneryes die, or should by brother, Aegon, not want it." Rhaenys knew Jon was Aegon, and she knew that he didn't know he was Aegon, but that wouldn't last forever. He'd find out at some point. 

Wheels sounded behind Sansa and Rhaenys saw her guest, Bran Stark. Rhaenys nodded to the Three-Eyed-Raven respectfully. "Your sister has come."

The Stark girl turned, and her eyes met Bran's.

"Hello, Sansa." He said softly.