Fighting Terrorists

Over the next few weeks, I started doing some real fighting. I would be flown over with soldiers into the middle east to fight terrorist groups like the Shining Light Liberation Front. It was more than a little horrifying to see the atrocities these so-called people did to their own citizens. Doing things like cutting off the limbs of children, and indoctrinating their people into being suicide bombers. I talked to my dad about this, he served in the military when he was younger and I wanted his advice on how to deal with this.

"James," he told me, "I never actually fought when I was in the service so I can't tell you exactly how to deal with this, but what I can tell you is that you are one of the few people really making a difference. You're out there taking the fight to them. Every time you take out one of those pieces of, well, you know, you are saving many more lives."

When I finally processed what he said I was reassured. This had mostly been along the same lines of what I had always thought but hearing it from my Dad made everything seem better.

So, I continued to fight the enemies and protect the US soldiers stationed there. Whenever I sensed a gun pointed towards the base I was stationed at I manipulated the metal of the gun to wrap around the perpetrators wrist and then pull him towards me. The military got a lot of good information from these prisoners. When I was leading an attack, I would just pull all of the guns out of the enemies' hands and have them wrap around their wrists, restraining them.

This method prevented me from accidently hurting innocent people, and it kept property damage very low. So, I was mostly liked by the citizens in all of the country's I visited. The people that I was capturing, or sometimes killing , were not very well liked. They stole from the populace, raped the women there, and made the young fight for them. If the people didn't comply then they were either killed, or worse.

After about a month overseas I finally came back to the US, having learned a little bit of the native language, which I would then go on to show off to my mom, who speaks like six languages fluently.

I met up with Stilwell and she told me that there would be a party celebrating our recent successes. When I walked into the room I was greeted with cheers. I smiled, waved, and thanked them all for the nice welcome. Recently, my popularity had seen a large surge upwards. This may be due to me posting pretty much everything I've been doing on Facebook. I've talked about the terrorist attacks that I've stopped before they even had a chance to start. I've talked about the leaders of many terrorist organizations that I've captured and what I've been doing to help the native of the countries I've been to. How I built many houses for those in need with my powers and many other such things that have been going on while I was overseas.

All of these things caused people to start noticing me more and more. After walking around and greeting the other party guests for a few minutes Homelander arrived, causing another round of cheers to start from the crowd, me included in this. I continued to walk around talking to people when I saw Starlight, looking extremely drunk and talking to some guy. I walked over, concerned and asked if she was alright. She looked at me seeming slightly dazed and responded that she was fine. She then asked to be excused and walked off. I started to follow her when I noticed she was going to the bathroom. Looking around I saw Queen Maeve and asked if she could check on Starlight, just to make sure she was ok.

Maeve left the bathroom a minute later and told me that Starlight was fine, just a little drunk. With that worry off of my shoulders I decided to mingle for a little longer. After a few more minutes I decided that it was time to go home.