Compound V

I just learned that I was going to be doing the coolest thing ever. I am going to be making a movie with the rest of the 7, it's going to be about the origins of the 7, it will be a pretty fictional movie about our origins, but still. While in the meeting room being told about this, I expressed my joy to the room by clapping when the guy giving us a summary for the movie finished his presentation. Only to realize that I was the only person in the room clapping aside from Ashley Barrett, Vice president of Hero management. I quickly stopped clapping as soon as I noticed this.

Stormfront also seemed to not like the script, adding that the script for the movie made the women out to be overly sexualized, well that's nicer than what she actually said, but anyways. Right after this Barrett commented that Homelander liked the script and Stormfront responded by asking where he was. This actually got me thinking for a bit, as I realized that I hadn't really seen Homelander at all lately. But before I could think too deeply about this Barrett seemed to freak out by a text she received and quickly left the room. After she left the room, Stormfront unloaded all of the changes she wanted for the script. 

As we were leaving the meeting room, I turned my phone back on only to see a notification from the news app I had. I checked out what new newsworthy thing had come out only to be very shocked to learn the source of my superpowers. I saw on the news that my powers were given to me by Vought industries through a drug known as Compound V.

I was shocked for a moment, and quickly left the building and flew home. As the wind flew by me, I started to calm down a bit and started to think rationally. If this is true, then my parents will most likely know the truth. So, when I finally landed at my house, after what felt like forever, I called my dad and demanded to know if he knew what was going on.

After a moment of silence, he responded, "James, yes we knew and consented to you being given superpowers. When your mother and I had you, we weren't nearly as successful as we are now, and I wanted you to have a better future for yourself. I was a teacher and your mother was working two jobs. So yes, I consented to you going through a safe procedure to get superpowers."

I then thought for a moment and decided that I couldn't really be mad at my parents, while I was a bit angry that they never told me about it, I could understand why they did what they did. I also couldn't argue with the results, I am after all a successful world class superhero. So, why would I be mad about it. Our conversation ended on a high note, with us both saying we loved each other and promising to visit each other.

The next day I was sitting in the meeting room with the rest of the 7 as the CEO of Vought told us that we needed to catch a super terrorist, or villain as Homelander put it, so we can change the narrative of the press and put Vought in a better light. I then just came out and asked, "OK, so I had no idea about any of this Compound V stuff until, well, all of this came out. Did anyone know about this or was I the only one in the dark?" 

A Train said, "We didn't know anything about this either." 

The CEO of Vought said that, "we are all victims here" implying that he didn't know anything about this either. Homelander then went on a rant saying that we, the 7 are a family and that we are not Vought. He was basically saying that we should leave Vought to clean up after themselves. I was not sure how I felt about that, I felt some loyalty to Vought, after all, without them I wouldn't have powers apparently, and without them I wouldn't have been able to become the superhero I am today. But, I decided to stay silent until everyone was leaving the room to chase after the supervillain that was on the loose.

As everyone left the room, and I was the last one in the office, I leaned over to the CEO as I walked out and said, "Vought has done a lot for me, so if you need any help, just ask and I'll try to be there." I left the room before I heard a response.

After arriving at the beach where the criminals were supposed to be at I was surprised to find The Deep waiting for us beside a dead whale. He said that they had gone into the storm drains. As the group divided trying to find them I tried to sense them, but couldn't locate them as I only sense metal, and there was to much metal around for me to only find things like the metal on their belts. So I spent the next like 10 minutes just wandering around the storm drains, looking for anybody, and not finding a soul. 

I eventually heard a crash and started chasing after the sound only to find a large hole in the drain with a car leaning into the drain. I quickly used my powers to move the car back and then flew out of the drain. As I flew out of there, I saw a large explosion and quickly used my powers to move all of the debris out of the way of the people. I then used my powers to start moving cars out of the way and saving the people under all of the debris. After saving as many as I could I flew up and saw Stormfront in front of the now dead superpowered terrorist talking to Homelander. 

I went over to them and called out, "Hey, are you guys ok. I saw all of those explosions going on and went to protect the civilians. I'm sorry for not helping out more but I figured that you could handle this guy while I protected the bystanders."

Stormfront quickly responded that she had taken care of the villain and that all was well. Homelander and Stormfront quickly left after that leaving me a little confused by their abruptness. After that I went back to trying to help as much as I could, I formed large metal shaped hands out of my powers and started moving all of the remaining debris out of the way. After working for a few hours, I was directed to go to a food drive to hand out food and water to those who were affected by the explosions caused by the terrorist. I helped for a few more hours, receiving many thank yous from the local population for my help before telling everyone that I was going home. I was exhausted after so many hours of work.

Before I went home, I was thanked on the news by Edgar, the CEO of Vought, for helping save all of those lives. This was after the thanks Stormfront received for killing the terrorist who caused all of the damage in the first place. I appreciated the thank you. Then, after Stormfront spoke a few word to the crowd, I went and said, "This has been a tragedy for all involved, and I don't want to see something like this happening again. So, I will be working overtime, with the support of all of you, to prevent any supervillains from doing something like this again."

I left the stage to some applause, and then, after saying goodbye to the other members of the 7, and CEO Edgar, I went home and got some well-deserved shut eye.