Chapter 2- Running

Virgil P.O.V
I can't stop now, I can't stop now! They are gonna catch me. I need to find somewhere to hide. I'm gonna die soon. Then-Then they'll scrap me, or deactivate me! I don't wanna go out like this.
3rd Person P.O.V
Virgil was running fast and trying his best to run away from them. He turns a corner and there's a long dark pathway. He decided to take a chance and not look back. Running as fast as he can, he decided to stop there and hope for the best. He stops and falls in his tracks as he showed the 0% battery sign. He then laid there limp as his eyes closed and he ran out of power. As he laid there limp, they were running past the hallway, not looking down there. They ran past still looking for their droid. Their droid was dead.

A week went by, and Virgil was still there dead and limp. No one has come to find him. Out of the blue, another droid came. He was wearing a blue shirt with a grey cardigan. He had khaki pants, and black shoes. He also had glasses, and was average height. He looked around and saw another droid in the pathway. It was Virgil. He gasped and ran to his aid. He tried shaking him, as if he would wake up like a normal human being. After an attempt to wake him. He took a pulse. He was great at checking for help. No pulse. He was worried for the other droid, as he  detected that he was a droid and knew he was dead. He took the initiative and picked up the other droid. He wanted to help him, but he didn't know where he could take the droid. He processed what he could do, and then it came to him. So he ran with the droid and took them to his place where they hid.

Once they arrived at the place, the person found an outlet to charge the droid. He looked for a charger, but then found one quickly. He plugged him in from the back of his neck. Once he began charging, the man decided to go and clean up the place for a bit. Not long after, the droid turned on and began to look around. He himself was trying to process what environment he was now in. The man ran over to him, his cardigan flying upwards as he was running over to Virgil. "H-Hey there kiddo. Are you feeling alright? You looked pretty bad out there." Virgil looked at the man, wondering who he was and how did he get here. "I-I'm ok, but how did I get here. And who are you?!" The man had laughed softly and smiled. " It's alright kiddo, I'm not gonna hurt you I promise. I carried you here, this is my place. I just wanted to make sure you were ok. What's your name?" Virgil looked very confused on why the man was being so nice to him. That was very unusual to him. He grew anxious and suspicious. " Haha, it's ok. Listen, I know you are an android. And if I knew you were a droid, I would have hurt you way before. But i'm not like that, I promise." Virgil was still suspicious, but a lot less then he was before. "Listen, i'll tell you something else." The man raised up his sleeve on his shoulder and showed him that he was also a droid. He had a barcode and a code of numbers and letters. It read P4t10n . Virgil looked surprised. How could he be a droid, and yet be so lifelike and kind to him. But he knew it was true. He gave a soft smile to P4t10n. Virgil took off his hoodie and raised his sleeve up as well. He also had a barcode and code of numbers and letters. His read V1rg11. He shot another look at the other droid. They both smiled. "You can call me Patton." "Virgil" Virgil replied back. They exchanged smiles. "Wait how can you be a droid, your so..kind and lifelike. Why would they ever want to make a droid so human?" Virgil said confused. Patton laughed. "Well, I work in childcare. I work with human children so I need to be able to react to them and to be able to think just like a human would." He smiled at Virgil. Virgil was a bit surprised, but was mostly glad that another droid was out there. "That's cool." He replied.