Chapter 3: Remember

"So, how did you end up in that alley?" Patton asked.
Virgil stared at Patton. He times out for a second and has a mini flashback in his mind. Why were they running after him? He hadn't done anything wrong. "Kiddo? Virgil?" Patton was calling. Virgil snapped out of it. "Sorry, what?" "Are you ok? You had a mental vacation there." Patton asked. He looked a bit concerned. "Yeah, i'm fine. Just thinking. I ended up in the ally because I was running from some people. It's all still a blur, do we have to talk about it?" Virgil looked confused and a tad bit angry. Patton gave him a caring look. "Yeah, we don't have to talk about it. Is there anything you would like to know about me? We did just meet after all." Patton asked with a smile. Virgil looked around. " How did you end up here?" Patton began to look around. " I work in childcare, and I didn't want to become one of those bots who get deactivated when they aren't needed. So I found this area, and decided to live here!" Virgil looked at Patton. Why would they put a bot in childcare? Wouldn't they want a human to work with other humans? These thoughts went through Virgil's mind. "Do you remember how you created? Sorry i'm just really surprised that a droid is this kind to me. A-And you are so lifelike, so it's very hard to believe that you are a droid." Virgil said. Patton laughed. "It's ok! Thank you. To be honest, I don't remember a whole lot. I've always wanted to go back there though. It's the only thing i've ever really wanted. All I really remember was a factory, and many droids were created. Me and 3 other droids were deployed into different fields. Don't really remember them though. Man, if only...." Patton trailed off. Virgil felt..bad. Bad for Patton. He had been so kind to him, and he had only 1 wish. He processed what he should do. After a bit, he knew what he had to do. "Hey Patton?" Patton turned around. "Oh, sorry Kiddo! I just went on a tangent there. What's up?" Virgil shot a semi smile at Patton. "Let's go to where you were made. You have been so kind to me, and very helpful. It's the least I can do." Patton looked surprised and happy. But then he came to his senses. "Virgil...you know how much i'll love that. But we could get caught, or even terminated for good." Virgil didn't care, he didn't have much to live for anyway. "We could, but that doesn't mean we will. Plus, you couldn't gotten caught and terminated by helping me. But you didn't." Virgil said. Patton thought about it. He knew Virgil was right. "Oh, alright! Do you promise to be safe though?" Patton asked. "I promise." Virgil replied.