~ chapter 8 ~

You woke up groggy. Then you almost fell back asleep, but your mom came in to wake you up.(story of my life) You put on a white tee-shirt, a light blue flannel, and blue jeans. You looked in the mirror and said, "Hey look, it's Sodapop." Your mom was in the car already.

Once you got to school, you saw Ponyboy outside, waiting for you on the steps. Johnny was with him. They were smoking.

"Hey y/n!" Johnny yelled. You waved at them.

"Hey, guys!" You went on the steps with the two boys. Pony threw the cig on the ground, ground the stump, then kissed you.

"Hi, I'm Johnny Cade, the invisible boy."

"Oh, sorry Johnny," Pony said. You laughed.

"Cmon let's go."

After a long day at school, you had to walk home. Your mom was at work, so you were gonna do your homework at your own house. What you forgot is that walking alone was a bad idea.

Walking back, a soc's car started trailing you. Just take Pony's advice, you thought. Keep walking. You walked a little faster. The socs got out of their car.

"Hey, grease." Well, that didn't make a person feel too hot. You turned around. One of them had a blade.

"Leave me alone," you said.

"No." You decided not to run, you'd be out of breath after three seconds. They walked towards you and pinned you to the ground.

"Put some makeup on, grease."

They cut your cheek and your lip.

"Here, try this red lipstick," one said. There were three of them. "What about some purple eyeshadow?" one said.

"Oh, yeah." Then he punched you in the face. You heard faint footsteps in the distance, apart from your screaming. They got faster and louder...and then you saw Dally running down the street. The rest of the gang came after him. The socs got in their car, they were outnumbered. Dally and the rest of the gang threw rocks at their car, but Ponyboy and Darry came for you. You were on the ground still.

"Y/n! Glory, are you ok?" It was Pony. You could barely move, not even open your eyes. He kissed you. Now you could open your eyes.

"Y/n?"

"Pony..t-they cut m-my lip."

"I hate those socs. Hate em. They gave you a black eye too."

"That's great," you commented sarcastically.

"Let's get you to our house," said Darry. The rest of the gang came back.

"Those socs are gonna need a whole new paint job," Dally said. He laughed.

"Yeesh, y/n, either you're wearing a lot of makeup on one eye, or you have a black eye," said Sodapop.

"It's a black eye," you said. You put your arms around Darry and Pony's shoulders and they helped you get back.

"Where's your ma?"

"The corner store where she works."

"Ok. We'll go get her. Which store?" Soda asked.

"The R-Rexhall."

"Ok," he said. "Cmon, who's coming with me?"

"I'll come," said Dallas.

"Me too," said Steve.

"The rest of us'll stay," said Two-Bit. "Don't worry y/n, you'll be alright. Darry'll take good care of you as he does us."

"Thanks, T-Two."