3. after shock

"There isn't anything to explain, he hurt you."

-

I waited for Draco to be completely gone and his footsteps to fade away before I curled up into his sheets and let the tears that had been burning my eyes finally fall. I'd never let anyone see me like this, especially him.

I stared at my arms in disgust, running my fingers over the marks Draco left behind. Then I examined his dorm, seeing that it had been completely disheveled since I had left last night. With broken items on the floor and his remaining books scattered all over, I just knew it had to be the result of one of his fits.

The door slightly creaked open, causing me to flinch and quickly wipe my eyes, "Hello?" I said, attempting to perk myself and my voice up to whoever would be walking in at such a godawful time.

"Y/N, it's me," the familiar voice said, peaking through the crack, "Is it all right if I come in?"

"Well is this your dorm?" I questioned, sniffling in the process.

"Yes, actually it is," The mellow voice responded.

"Then I don't have much of a choice than to let you in your dorm, come in," I responded, lightly sighing as I sat up on Draco's bed.

Fortunately, it was my long-time friend Blaise Zabini. He'd been standing at the doorway and holding what seemed to be Draco's phone, now shattered. I stared at it for a moment before readjusting myself and smiling up at him, but it wasn't reciprocated. Instead, his eyes were full of worry as he approached me, dropping all of his items in the process.

"Merlin," Blaise said asked, lightly grabbing my sore wrist, causing me to quickly flinch away from him, "Did he do this?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked looking at him, trying my hardest to seem like I wasn't just bawling my eyes out. My heart beat rapidly as I swallowed the large lump in my throat, blinking away any tears that threatened to escape.

"You know what I'm talking about," He began, "Malfoy. Did he hurt you?" He asked again.

There was a lingering silence which I'm sure gave Blaise all the answers he needed. Slowly, I pulled the silk material of Draco's blankets off of me, revealing the darkened marks that he'd left behind along my arm and wrist.

His expression fell into one of deep discontent as his eyes followed every bruise patterned into my skin. 

"Don't worry, it doesn't even hurt," I said, grabbing Blaise's shoulder and drawing his attention away from my bruises and up to my eyes. 

"Why did this even happen? How did it get to this point again?" Blaise sighed.

Hesitantly, I gave Blaise bits and pieces of what happened out of worry that he would confront Draco about it, "We got into an argument, he accused me of cheating on him and it just got a little heated, that's all."

"He thinks you're cheating on him?" Blaze said in amazement, "Wow."

"Huh?" I tilted my head, curious but subconsciously knowing what Blaze was implying.

"Nothing, but listen," he responded, glossing over his sarcastic comment, "Y/N I understand you're a strong girl, but this is not what "just an argument" is. It isn't the first time this has happened and I don't want to hear you making excuses for the way he's treated you."

I looked down, biting back the urge to say anything because I knew it would result in me crying. But the truth was that I was absolutely miserable and everything Blaise had to say was right.