SOKEEFE! SOKEEFE! SOKEEFE!

Okay, here's the first one-shot! This one is for the one-shot competition run by{@KOTLCfanPAGE}. The first prompt is uniqueness, and it has to include flowers somehow. I know the title makes it sound a little cliche, but I swear it's not! In fact, it's from a character's point of view that I'm not sure has ever been used before, so that's why it's unique. That's actually where the title comes from... know who it is yet? ;)

I'm sure you're tired of my rambling. Here's the story.  Enjoy :D

Silveny was panicking.

Her one and only friend, Sophie, had just gone on a flight with her. Silveny had taken her to her favorite green pastures with all of the yummy green grass she could ever want. She'd finally been able to fly free. Then suddenly everything had glittered away and they'd appeared back in front of her cage, with everyone yelling at her. Now Sophie was hurt, her family was taking her away, and Silveny was surrounded by a bunch of strange elves. She didn't like elves. Only Sophie.

"Wow, calm down, girl," a voice said, different than most of them. She could only recognize one word: calm. But the tone was someone gentler and more reassuring than the rest of the annoying screams. Still, Silveny felt wary as she found the source of the voice: a blond haired-boy with blue eyes. Well, all elves had blue eyes, so that was no surprise. Silveny didn't pay enough attention to identify the exact color. But somehow, the boy had a calming sense about him. He seemed sort of familiar, too. She paused, eyeing him.

"There you go," he said, cautiously approaching her. She snorted hesitantly.

"Finally, she's calming down," said a snappy, annoying voice that came from a man with brown hair and very pointy ears. Then he started approaching her, and Silveny jerked away.

"Woah, you're scaring her," said the calmer voice.

The pointy-eared man stopped, looking annoyed.

"There you go, girl," the boy said. "You're okay."

Silveny finally remembered why the boy seemed familiar: she'd seen him before, with Sophie. The day that the creeps in the black cloaks had come. He was one of Sophie's friends, which made Silveny feel a little better. If Sophie trusted him, and he seemed so calm... maybe he wasn't that bad...

"That's it," he said, taking the last few steps towards her. He reached out his arm, and Silveny tensed. But when his touch was gentle as he stroked her mane, and Silveny couldn't help but relax slightly.

"I'm Keefe," the boy said gently. "And you, I hear, are Silveny. A pretty name."

Again, Silveny didn't catch most of what he said. But she repeated softly, Keefe? It took her a moment to realize that Sophie was the only one who could understand her. She had quickly learned that when Sophie had first taken her here.

"C'mere," Keefe said, moving forward as he kept his hand on her mane. She hesitantly stepped forward with him.

"That's it..."

Silveny debated flying away. She could escape so easily and finally fly free. But something about the boy kept her there. And she wasn't sure she could leave without Sophie. She didn't want to be lonely...

So even though Keefe was leading her back to the cage, she went with it. He spoke gently to her, and since she couldn't make out most of the words, it took her a moment to realize he was talking about Sophie.

"Pretty soon, Sophie's not going to be your favorite anymore, huh? Just two minutes and we're already besties!" He grinned at her. Silveny may not have understood the words, but she definitely spoke body language, and she could tell that Keefe was a friend. "Actually, probably not. Foster's hard to beat."