Kenma x Reader

Kenma x Reader • Sick

My vision got slightly blurred as I kneeled on the floor in the school toilets. I was the only one there, which I was happy about. My phone buzzed beside me and I saw all the notifications that I hadn't realised were going off. I leaned away from the toilet and picked my phone up with shaking hands, unlocking it quickly and squinting to see the words forming on the small screen.

Kozume-San
12:28

(y/n)-kun, where are you?

Kozume-San
12:29

(y/n)-kun, why aren't you answering any of my calls? are you okay?

Kozume-San
12:31

i'm gonna go look for you

It took a while to process what I read but the door to the stall I was in had already started shaking slightly. When the shaking stopped, a voice spoke quietly as if it was trying not to scare the person inside.

"(y/n)-Kun, are you in there? Can you open up please? I know it's you."

I got up slowly, wobbling a bit before I slowly shuffled over to the door of the cubicle I was in, opening it to reveal a Kozume-San that I had never seen before.

He had a worried look on his face, and he looked even more worried when he looked at me. No. It wasn't more worry. It was, well. It looked like...

Pity

"(y/n)-Kun, are you okay?"

Kozume-San's eyes wandered down to my lips and saw spit slightly trickling down along with some vomit that hadn't fallen from my face earlier.

I looked down, upset that he had seen me like this. I had never let anyone see me when I did this, this was the first time.

"(y/n)-Kun, come here."

I looked up again, my unkept hair covering my eyes slightly as I saw Kozume-San again, but something was different.

He was holding his arms out for me.

I was confused at first, but then I realised.

He wanted to comfort me...

I shuffled forward slightly before I opened me arms and fell into his embrace.

He wrapped his arms and me, one arms around my back and the other on my shoulder with his hand on my head, petting it slightly and stroking my hair, trying to calm me down.

"It's alright (y/n)-Kun, I'm here. You don't need to worry. I won't tell anyone."

He reached into his blazer pockets and got out some earphones, putting them in my ears. He pressed play on his phone and music started to play.

I had never felt this way before...

My eyes started to sting as I started crying. For the first time in ages.

For once, I felt safe.

End

Hey hey hey! Author here!
I thought I would make this just a little oneshot but I might make this into a book. I also tried to make this either gender neutral or male reader based cause I wanted to add some variety to the other stuff that's out there.

Also, sorry this is so short, I just thought of it whilst daydreaming earlier.

Anyway, hope you liked it ✨