Chapter 7: Wisdom

This chapter is dedicated to @ssophieessencenn.Thank you for motivating me to continue this story! You were a major help to my attitude towards this story! Thank you all for you reads! Plz check out  ssophieessencenn, their books are amazing!

Percy POV

After a terrible school day of getting in trouble, and getting everything wrong, I slunk into the park, holding Riptide in my hand. I couldn't see Sophie anywhere. Suddenly, she appeared in front of me. "Whaa!" I yelped in shock. She looked if anyone was here. Then she pointed a finger at me.

"I know your secret!" She exclaimed, her eyes narrowed. "You're an elf, and you're pretending to be dumb!"

"What Now?" I asked, cocking my head to the left in confusion. "I'm an elf, as in a keebler elf? Also, I am not pretending to be dumb!" I exclaimed, and crossed my arms.

"Yes you are! I know it! You can admit it to me!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes you are, just tell the truth!"

"Well I am telling the truth! I. am. Not. pretending. to. be. dumb!"

"I know that you are smarter than this!"

"No. I'm not!"

"Actually, you were" A new voice said. I gaped and turned around, Sophie does the same

"Lady Athena," I said, kneeling down in front of the goddess of wisdom. She wore a white dress hanging off one shoulder and a silver braided belt around her small waist. She wore gold sandals, and her brown hair was in a ponytail, her gray eyes pierced my mind. I shivered. She was like 2x the scariness of Annabeth.

"Stand up," she ordered. I followed her directions and did as she said. Sophie stares at her intently, also standing up, but Athena ignored her presence.
"You were so smart as a baby, you even knew what you knew now. It was attracting too much attention, you would get yourself killed because you didn't understand. Poseidon begged me to take away your intelligence, along with all your memories of being smart. But somehow, you made yourself more smart, somehow, in some way, you became a little smart again." Athena continued. "I will now return your intelligence. It might hurt a bit."

It felt like a dam in my mind had been released and memories and knowledge flooded my mind. It was wonderful at first, but it was too much, too much! I fell onto my knees and screamed, the pain was unbearable! I clutched my head, and tears threatened to stream out of my eyes and passed out, when I regained consciousness I sat up. I felt so....so....intelligent! It was awesome. I even knew College math! In fact, I knew all the college subjects!

Sophie helped me to my feet, and when piped "Actually, Lady Athena, Poseidon didn't ask you to do that, he was fine with a smart baby, you were just jealous of his smartness because he was smarter than all your other children."

"Wha-Arrg! Curse you telepathic elves!" Athena yelled angrily, stopping her feet.

"Better go now!" Sophie exclaimed. She grabbed my hand, grabbed a crystal and suddenly, I felt all warm. Soon, I began to feel like I was dissolving. The light stopped, and we were at a different place.

"What? How? Where are we?" I slurred, my mind not being able to comprehend what had just happened. Sophie turned around and gasped.

"What happened to you?" she asked, panicking.

"Dunno," I replied, I tried to shrug my shoulders, but was not being able to.

"Dangit! Guess I will have to take you to Elwin." she sighed, and proceeded to try to carry me. I flick my hand, and use the rest of my energy to summon water, and freeze it under me in the shape of a rectangle.

"Better?" I croaked weakly.

"You're a hydrokinetic! And a strong one at that! Also you are a froster? How do you have 2 abilities? I am pretty sure the black swan didn't experiment on anyone else except me," she observed.

"Hurry. Quick." I mumbled, and then passed out from exhaustion. Everything faded to black.

Peace out! Thanks once again for the motivating words @ssophieessencenn!

-EmilyF10