CHAPTER 2 - THE ROAD TO DESTERIA

On the way to Desteria, both Dragoon and Drake had to fight their way through some goblins, little green humanoid like creatures with long pointy ears. Dragoon did most of the fighting due to being more capable when it comes to combat then Drake.

Drake does not like to draw his sword unless he absolutely must. Unfortunately, during one of the fights Dragoon was struck in the back of his leg with a goblins arrow, Dragoon did not think much of it and snapped the arrow and pulled it out of his leg.

A few hours had passed after the battle with goblins, Dragoons leg begins to hurt more and more as they continue walking. So, he decides to stop to check the wound properly, he sees a few large stones on the edge of the path just up ahead. "we'll stop there for a rest" Dragoon gestures to Drake as he points at the large stones. Drake nods and begins to lounge next to one of stones. Dragoon sits down and turns away from Drake slightly, so he will not see what he was doing, as he gently pulls off his shin guard, he can see a purple ooze slowly seeping out of the wound.

Straight away Dragoon knew it was poison, not paying attention he does not notice Drake quickly leaning over to see what he was doing. He gasps in fright "Big brother your poisoned"

Dragoon quickly covers the wound "it's nothing for you to worry about. I will be fine. We've been through worse" he chuckles, trying and ease Drake's mind. Drake cannot help but worry and stare with a concerned expression. Dragoon quickly puts his shin guard back on ignoring the pain growing in his leg. "Come on let's get going, were not far from a few farming villages on the edge of Heraldia" Dragoon says as he stands up slowly getting ready to continue down the path.

As they continue further along the path, they can see one of the farmers village getting closer in the distance, Drake feels a bit of relief knowing that they will be able to treat his big brothers wound shortly. Whilst they were approaching the farmers village, they could hear some commotion off in the distance, once they got closer, they can see it is a farmer's encampment outside of the village under attack from what looks like more goblins. Drake quickly jumps ahead of Dragoon and draws his sword from his sheath "Don't worry brother I'll deal with these goblins this time, you just rest" Drake says courageously than takes off towards the encampment.

As Dragoon watches on, he notices the goblins are a lot bigger than the ones they had encountered earlier on, then he realizes they were not goblins "WAIT, DRAKE THOSE AREN'T GOBLINS" Dragoon shouts. Drake already halfway to the encampment peers closer at the goblins. He was right they were a lot bigger than goblins; they were orcs a larger more brutish version of a goblin. "RUN DRAKE" Drake hears Dragoon shout at him.

It was too late, some of the orcs that were attacking the encampment seen Drake charging at them and begin charging towards him aggressively. Drake quickly turns and runs in the opposite direction, almost slipping in the long grass, as Drake is running, he hear the orcs chasing after him in the distance, their machete's and clubs rustling against their clothes and armor as are charging after him. The sounds of the rustling begins to get quieter as Drake continues running up a nearby hill, due to orcs being such heavy and brutish humanoid like creatures, they are a lot slower than Drake on foot, hence they usually ride wargs, a large wolf like creature only really seen in parts of the orc territory or pikkens, a large boar like creature with large spikey tusks.

As Drake begins to get out of sight of the orcs chasing him, he can see a large group of thorn bushes that he can conceal himself in. Without a second thought he quickly dives into the bushes getting cuts and scratches all over him from the thorns. Once he gets to the bottom of the bushes and has concealed himself, he begins peering through the leaves of the bush to see if he has lost the orcs chasing him, then starts looking for Dragoon as he peers through the leaves of the bushes.

Drake starts to worry as there was no sight of Dragoon, his heart begins to race as he thinks about all the possible things that could have gone wrong. Maybe the orcs found him, or he could have passed out due to the poison or worse he could be dead. As he ponders on all the different scenarios that could have happened, the orcs that were chasing him, begin approaching the area where Drake is hiding. Drake remains as silent as he possibly can, still hiding in thorn bushes. Suddenly there is a loud horn sound in the distance, the orcs that are standing near the bushes Drake is hiding in, all quickly scan the area then begin heading back down towards the encampment.

As the orcs get out of sight, Drake waits a few more minutes and slowly starts to exit the thorn bushes, trying to be as quiet as possible, as the orcs might hear him due to their enhanced hearing. Fully emerging from the bushes, he carefully has a quick look around trying to see if he can find Dragoon. As he scans the area, he sees something just off in the distance a body slightly sticking up in the tall grass, after a hard look he notices it is his brother Dragoon. His heart starts pounding furiously as he sees Dragoon lying there motionless, Drake eyes widen in shock as he quickly starts racing over towards him not taking notice of alerting the orcs anymore. As he runs down the hill towards Dragoon, he notices he is actually moving, instantly giving him a warm feeling of relief, though as he watches Dragoon move, it seems like he was trying to signal him somehow, waving his arm in the air, as Drake gets closer the motions get easier to see, Dragoon is telling him to get down.

Just as he realizes what Dragoon is trying to tell him, Drake hears a growl come from behind him, he quickly glances in the direction to see what it is. There is an orc riding a warg charging towards him with a club in his hand ready to swing. Drake quickly dives into the grass, avoiding the swing from the club, just barely missing him the orc quickly dismounts the warg, flattening all the tall grass where he lands. The orc turns to Drake with a blood thirsty grin, drool dripping from his mouth and tusks, as he slowly makes his way towards him, gripping his club tightly.

Drake struggles to do anything but crawl back as fast as he can in the tall grass, as the orc was gets closer, he reaches to grab Drake by his shirt, suddenly a loud war cry comes from behind the orc "ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!" Dragoon shouts as he plunges his sword into the orcs back, the orc screams out in pain "ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!" he grabs Dragoon, aggressively throwing him off him then begins to gently pull the sword out, blood gushing from the wound as he removes the sword. Drake frantically rushes over to Dragoon and quickly helps him up "we need to get out of here" Drake huffs as he tries to look for best way to escape, Dragoon struggles to stand due to wound on his leg mutters "Run, leave me" as he hobbles beside Drake.

Tears begin running down Drakes face as he hears Dragoon tell him to leave him behind, "No I can't, I won't" Drake cries. Drake emotionally torn on what to do, frantically looks around and sees the orc that Dragoon had stabbed in the back, has pulled out Dragoon's sword completely as he is about to collapse he pulls out his war horn, blowing into it making an extremely loud noise, alerting the orcs down at the encampment, then collapses into the grass in front of him.

Both Drake and Dragoon hear the orcs charging in their direction, "Go now, I'll slow them down" Dragoon says as his eyes begin to tear up. Drake can't help but go with his heart and quickly grabs Dragoon, throwing him over his shoulder, with adrenaline rushing through his veins, he isn't bothered by the weight of his brother, he then begins running towards the bushes and trees he was hiding in earlier as fast as he can.

The bushes are not that far from where they are, as soon as they get close enough, Drake quickly throws Dragoon into the bushes and continues to run off into the distance as he yells "COME GET ME YOU UGLY BASTARDS" the orcs hear him yelling loudly and begin chasing after him.

"What is that fool doing" Dragoon says to himself as he struggles to move beneath the thorn bushes. He watches Drake get chased off into the distance as he begins to lose consciousness. "Drake you idiot" Dragoon mutters as he passes out.