CHAPTER 35 - DRAGOON'S PRESENT

Desteria's town center slowly starts to fill with shopkeepers and travelers as the sun begins to rise, lighting up the town square, the fountain in the center of town's water sparkling in the sun.

Drake crash lands into the fountain at the center of town, shopkeepers quickly rush out of their shops after hearing the loud crash, seeing Drake emerge from the fountain drenched and rushing towards Scavengers inn. The shopkeepers and travelers watching in confusion as Drake storms into the inn not even bothered by his soaking clothes.

Drake barges through the front door to the inn, instantly greeted by the red headed innkeeper, "Hey you, where is brother? he said he would come see me again... why are you so wet?" the red headed innkeeper says in frustration.

Ignoring the innkeeper Drake quickly rushes up the stairs towards Nessa's room, "SIR YOU CAN'T GO UP THERE WITHOUT CHECKING IN" the innkeeper yells as she goes to follow Drake up the stairs, slipping over the first step of the stairs, getting covered in the water scattered across the floor from Drake's clothes. "I hate this job" the innkeeper says as she slaps her hands down in the water, she is sitting in.

As Drake gets to the door to Nessa's room, he pauses for second before swinging the door open to see Nessa sitting by the window with tears rushing down her face, as she lays eyes upon Drake walking through the door.

"Is everything alright?" Drake asks as he swiftly rushes towards Nessa. Nessa jumps into Drake's arms as he gets closer, throwing her arms around him, squeezing him tightly. "It is now" Nessa says in a soft tone as tears continue dripping down her soft cheeks.

"What happened?" Drake asks as he gently lifts Nessa's head up, so he can look into her tearful eyes. "An old man called Dreamer came to my room whilst you were gone, he said he had a message for me to pass onto you" Nessa cries as she hugs Drake tighter.

"Dreamer, one of the oracles? What did he say?" Drake asks in confusion as he looks down at Nessa. "He said, One day soon to come, a choice is to be made, a life will be yours to take, I tried to ask him what it meant but a large purple orc burst through the door, before he could answer" Nessa sulks as she continues hugging Drake tightly.

"One day soon to come, a choice is to be made, a life will be yours to take... wait a purple orc! Where is he?" Drake asks as he clicks on to what Nessa said. "The Dreamer left just before sun break" Nessa says as she looks up at Drake.

"No not the Dreamer, the purple orc" Drake says in a worrisome tone as he moves away from Nessa, quickly grabbing the hilt of his sword. Nessa quickly put her hands back on his chest "It is alright, the Dreamer sent him away after he shot a bright white ray from his hands" Nessa reassures Drake as she tries to calm him down.

Drake relaxes his posture as he lets go of his sword, reaching his arms back around Nessa as he hugs her tightly. "Thankfully, he was here, something terrible could have happened" Drake sighs as he holds Nessa firmly in his arms.

The tears stop flowing from Nessa's eyes as she begins to close her eyes and smile, focusing on Drake's warm arms wrapped around her. "The main thing is your alright" Drake comforts Nessa as the Dreamer and orc run through his mind.

"DRAKE, DRAKE, DRAKE ARE YOU BACK IN TOWN?" a voice comes from downstairs in the inn. Drake and Nessa both turn to look at the door as they hear footsteps getting closer to the door. "Knock, Knock" "May I come in lady Nessa" a familiar voice says from behind the door.

"Yes, you may Ashta" Nessa says kindly as she holds onto Drake's arm. The door swings open, Ashta standing there with a grin. "Drake I bring good news, Dord is in town" Ashta says with a big grin on his face, "Dord, who the fuck is Dord?" Drake says in confusion, Ashta's face instantly drops after hearing Drake. "Who the fuck is Dord, Dord is only the finest blacksmith in all the lands" Ashta growls in frustration.

"The finest blacksmith?" Drakes says as his eyes light up, intrigued about this man. "who the fuck is Dord he says" Ashta mutters in frustration as he begins to make his way out of the room. "Ashta wait, let me come with you to see him" Drake asks in an apologetic tone. "pfft you do not have the right to see him, you don't even know who he is, I bet your brother would know" Ashta mocks Drake as he continues out of the room.

"ASHTA" Nessa shouts in annoyance giving Ashta a harsh glare, Ashta quickly spins around and looks at Nessa glaring at him. Ashta gulps as Nessa's glare gets darker "Fine, Drake you can come with me" Ashta says quickly as he bows his head to Nessa then rushes out the door.

Nessa looks back at Drake with a smile on her face, the smile slowly disappears as she sees Drake's saddened expression. "What is wrong?" Nessa asks softly as she puts her gentle hand on Drakes cheek, a tear makes its way down Drakes face as he looks Nessa in the eyes.

"I couldn't save him" Drake mutters as tears begins to start gushing down his face as he falls on to the bed crying, Nessa sits on the bed next to Drake "Are you talking about your brother" Nessa asks her soft voice. Drake starts to cry louder "I tried everything I could, but they took him away" Drake cries as he slams his fist into the bed head. Tears begins drip out of Nessa's eyes again as she sees Drake in this state, "I don't know what to do" Drake cries as he keeps punching the bed head.

Nessa gently grabs a hold of Drakes arm stopping him from punching the bed head again, "Do you know where they took him?" Nessa asks softly as she caresses Drake's hair gently. Drake slowly turns to face Nessa "They banished him to Kragmor, for twenty-five years as punishment" Drake explains as tears continue to drip from his eyes. "Kragmor, so you can still go and see him" Nessa suggests. Drake suddenly stops crying once he thinks about how Dragoon must have sent Kar-Lax to Desteria after Nessa.

"I am going to go seeAshta" Drake says as he stands up, wiping away his tears as he makes his wayout of the room. Nessa confused sits and watches Drake walk out of the room.