Oops... I Did It Again

Author's note:

Okay, so this one is pure #meddison.

And also inspired by a Brittany Spears song.

Let's see if we can get this short slow-burn to settle.

bobbiejelly

Oops... I Did It Again

'I played with your heart... Got lost in the game... Oh, baby, baby...'

Chapter 1

You see her the day after Denny died asleep in Richard Webber's office, all crumpled up and sad with coffee over her shirt.

You pass by accidentally the first time, and the next time it's most definitely on purpose.

You've hurt her beyond repair now, and you never expected to. But then again, it's not in the way that anybody might have expected you to.

She found out the truth about the you-and-Derek at prom thing, but that was just par for the course for your carelessness.

The last time you talked about relationships, she didn't want anything more.

Not with Derek, not with Mark, and not even with you.

She was too tired, too scared, and too confused.

All of these emotions flew around and you walking into her life just added to it all.

As much as you became someone she thinks about, she's become someone you think about too.

You look both ways, as if you were crossing the street, but you're not looking for passerby cars this time, you're looking for passerby surgeons.

Seeing nothing, and no-one, you push open the door to the Chief's office and sit next to Doctor Montgomery-Shepherd.

She stirs for a second, but she doesn't wake up yet.

You smile, you can't help but smile as you soothe your hand over her shoulder.

While you're here with her you can't help but reminisce about your time with her.

Okay...

Times with her.

All of those breathtaking, earth-shattering, bubble-bursting times with her.

All of the times where she'd snuck you off on a nonexistent surgery where instead, you'd end up underneath her or on top of her at the edge of the mattress.

You always looked at her afterward, about to tell her that you wanted more with her, but she'd always beat you to the punch to tell you that she wasn't ready for more with you, so you waited.

You're always waiting, it seems.

Waiting for Derek to get a divorce (with Addison).

Waiting for Finn to tell you your dog (with Addison) is still happy in heaven without you.

Waiting for Addison to change her mind so you can take her out to dinner, damnit, instead of sitting with her while she's sleeping because she won't let you once she's awake.

When she does finally open her eyes again, she's initially happy to see you, or at least you think so when you look into her deep greens and you swear you can see a tiny flicker before she dampens it, and asks you if you need to be working right now.

You nod, and you sigh, and you say you'll check back in later.

Before you go though, she tips you off that she'd passive-aggressively stapled your underwear next to the third-floor nurse's station, and that if you didn't want hell from Bailey that you should probably take those down preemptively.

You smirk a little, and you say that you will, before you can't resist anymore and you lean down and kiss her tenderly on the forehead before you walk away for the morning.

As you take down the incriminating evidence of your other affair with the other Dr. Shepherd and stuff your panties back into your own pocket, you cross your fingers and hope your little moment with Addison was a sign that maybe, just maybe, she's thinking about you at least more than she pretends you these days.

As you run off to your service you replay over and over in your mind the feeling of her cool skin gently pressed against your warm lips.

***** END OF CHAPTER 1

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading, folks!

bobbiejelly