~Twenty-Five~

Song For This Chapter: Loved Someone by Lukas Graham

Corbyn

"C'mon please.." Ashley says, holding onto my hand. "No." I say flatly, rolling away from her so my face is buried into the back of the couch, the same place I've been laying for a week. Daniel hasn't stopped calling and calling all week but I can't stand the idea of hearing his voice. I ran out of tears by the fourth day, now I just lay here staring at the wall. I think I remember Ashley saying he came by a few times but she knows what he did, she knows what happened and she's not letting him in to see me so, that, I am grateful for. I'm grateful for how much she's done for me over this last week, hell even her whole life she's been a really sweet sister.

"Why me?" I choke out, sounding as if I'm about to sob but I know that's not happening, there's no tears left to sob anyways. "Shhh." She says gently, moving me so my heads in her lap as she strokes my hair. "I do everything for him." I shake slightly as I talk. "I make sure he's safe and o-okay and I make sure he eats." I grip onto her shirt just wanting something In my hands. "I was gonna marry him and b-be the best father I could b-be and he's t-t-tak-k-taki-" I start to choke up on my words so Ashley shushes me softly and runs her fingers through my hair making me close my eyes. "I know you were, you didn't do anything wrong you were amazing to him." She gently wipes my face with her hand and goes back to running her fingers through my hair.

"How about I help you up, and you can take a shower or a bath maybe?? And then you can go to one of your friends house?? It may do you some good." She says softly and I slowly nod. I could use the company and I'm sure she would enjoy a break from her big brother being a baby for a couple hours at the least.

"Good good." She slowly helps me up and into the bathroom.

I undress and slowly step into the shower, letting the hot water ease my tense muscles, relaxing them as I close my eyes, letting all of the emotions flow down the drain. Down with the water deep into the sewers, below the streets, with all the other shit right where it belongs.

Once I step out, into the hot steamy bathroom I see that Ash had came back with a towel and clothes for me to wear so I slowly dry off and slip them on. I look in the half steamed mirror at my attire, black jeans and a navy blue t-shirt, nice and simple, just how I like it.

Maybe today will be okay.. maybe I can do it.

I slowly make my way to my car after making sure I have everything I need.

Ashley was already in the driver's seat waiting so I slowly sit in the passenger seat. "I could drive myself.." I sigh, buckling up as she begins driving. "No I prefer driving you, I don't need you zoning out and crashing." She raises an eyebrow at me and I nod in acknowledgement. "Okay you're right."

I turn and watch out the window letting the silence overcome me.

I've done that a lot, just sitting in silence.. thinking.. just the sound of my breathing filling the room. I watch as the trees go by one by one by two by three.

Daniel loves watching trees. Just...leaning against the glass just watching the trees, especially on long drives. Often times he just falls asleep against the glass, when I stop to get gas and look at him, his soft rosy skin pressed against the glass.. NO.

Corbyn what the hell are you doing. Just letting yourself fall deeper into this pit.

I need to find a way to get over this. Like right now I need to get over this.

I look up, realizing we've parked at Jonah's house so I slowly get out and walk inside. How am I gonna get over this though.. how can I ever find a way to get over him?, I ask myself as I walk downstairs into Jonah's basement where we always hang out.

And that's when I see it. My chance.

Tall, Dark, Dark eyes far from how Daniels look...

Rebound.