12 | Volcano Roll

"Thank you for calling Sushiria. How may I take your order?"

"Wow, your voice changes drastically when you're sick."

"And your greeting is... oddly normal."

"I don't think I sound too different from my regular voice. But yeah, you're right. The cold got to me."

*sniffs*

"What you said makes it sound as if you know me. Um... have we spoken before? I'm usually on waiter duty, but I was assigned to take phone orders for today because the idiot who usually does this job isn't here today."

"Hey! Nick isn't an idiot!"

"Woah there, girl! I didn't know you are well-aquatinted with Nick. Since when did he get himself a girl friend?"

"Girl... girlfriend? Uh... I-I'm not his girlfriend! Where did that come from?!"

"Relax...! I meant two separate words: girl and friend. You know... a friend that's a girl."

"O-Oh. Sorry, I... uh... never mind..."

"Riiight... anyways, don't lose sleep over Nick. He's okay, I promise you. Just had to stay back after school for some kind of important club meeting. He's like the Vice President of this one club. What a nerd."

"Oh, uh, that's... good."

*laughs*

"I like you. So, what would you like to order?"

"Like? Me? Huh?"

"Sushi. What sushi do you want to order? I recommend the Volcano Roll; it's really good."

"Yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes, I'll take that... thing you suggested."

"That thing... as in... the sushi?"

"Uh, yes. That."

"Great. Would you like any wasabi or ginger? Soy sauce will be included."

"A dollop of wasabi and a lot of ginger, please."

"We aren't allowed to give out a lot of ginger to customers, sorry about that. I would give you all the ginger you want if I could, though."

"Oh... really? I see... it's uh... okay."

"Okay, and... we have your address in our system here, so let me write that down..."

"$2.99 is your total. You'll pay the delivery guy who will be there in a few minutes. Please consider Sushiria again the next time you're hungry!"

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."