Getting Ready

The day Y/N and Ichabod were supposed to go to Sleepy Hollow finally came. Y/N had been counting down the days. They passed in a blink. Anyway, Y/N was in hee office, getting ready and packing her bags excitedly, but at the same time, very anxiously. I would explain her as the type of person that would really want to do something but would be too afraid to do it, but would still end up doing it.

It took her twenty minutes or so to get ready. She didn't have much to pack. She only had to pack one bag with the tools she had started designing not so long after getting the job, other tools that were not her creations, books and other work stuff that she needed for Sleepy Hollow.

Y/N had already packed all her clothes and the other stuff she needed in a huge bag at home the day before and brought them to work. She got a few stares from people since her bag was huge and she could barely carry it, but she didn't mind at all. Y/N's home was completely in the opposite direction of where they were supposed to be going, so she had to bring it to work. Ichabod had offered to help when he saw her walking into the building with the bag, but she refused and carried the bad to her office. Ichabod followed Y/N but then went back to his office because he knew that both of them were supposed to be getting ready and plus, he didn't like bothering her, even though she had told him a couple of times that she was never bothered by him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When those twenty minutes passed, Y/N was feeling bored so she went to Ichabod's office, to check on him. When she got there, she knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Said Ichabod. "Hello, pardon my intrusion, but I'm done packing my bag and I wanted to check on you and to remind you that we are leaving in ten minutes."

"Oh, don't worry, it is no intrusion. I just finished packing too." He replied with a soft and warm smile. Y/N smiled back and walked into the room, closing the door behind her. "Your bird. Aren't you gonna let him out of his cage? We are going to be in Sleepy Hollow for at least a month." Asked Y/N curiously while looking at the cage sitting next to the window. In the cage was a Cardinal. One of Y/N's favourite birds. It was also Ichabod's favourite.

"Oh, right. I was about to let him out." Said Ichabod and opened the cage. He got the bird out of the cage and held him for a couple of seconds. Y/N slowly walked closer to Ichabod. "I'm gonna miss him..." Said Y/N. At this point, Y/N and Ichabod were so close to each other. It almost looked as if they were going to kiss. But instead, they just stared deeply into each other's eyes. After all, they were best friends and Y/N hadn't thought about her feelings for him, even though she had noticed that she thought about him a lot. But for now, she only saw him as a friend. A few moments later, Ichabod replied with: "Well, I've got something for you then." He let the bird fly out of the window and pulled something out of his pocket.

"Look. A cage on one side, a cardinal on the other...and now...A cardinal in a cage." Said Ichabod. "Wow, I didn't know you had that!" Said Y/N excitedly. "It was my mother's. I've never shown it to you and I really do not know why. Anyway, I think we should get going now. Sleepy Hollow is waiting for us." Said Ichabod and they walked out of the office and went to the carriage.