Chapter Eleven

~|Dream|~

It had been five days since the accident. 

I'd been able to leave that room three days ago. 

Although, admittedly, I wouldn't have minded staying with George. Even now, I miss his cool, delicate touch on my burning, stinging skin and his soft giggles whenever we'd tease eachother.

Now, though, George stands with Sapnap, laughing softly with his hand over his mouth as the raven-haired boy tells him off for something. A strange feeling akin to thick honey in my throat and almost annoyance washes over me, making me look away with a tiny frown.

I grumble softly, moving to grab my dagger, only to wince in pain as the sling my arm is in tugs my muscles harshly back into place. 

"You look like you're having fun." 

"Shut up, Techno, I don't want to have to put you through this suffering too."

"Like you could." Techno laughs, leaning against the cottage wall. I keep myself from trying to cross my arms and settle for a huff. "How are you, anyway? Still pining over the brunet?" His gaze flicks to George and then back to me. 

"Wh- Techno, shut up! He could hear you!" I hiss under my breath, glancing at George. My eyes linger on him for a moment longer than necessary before I turn back to the pink-haired boy. "And anyway, he doesn't even know who I am." 

"Shh." Techno mutters, gesturing to the two boys approaching us. I groan inwardly- Sapnap and George. Fixing my attention on hiding my blush, Techno is forced to greet them. "Hello." 

George smiles brightly. "Hi, Techno!" He says, kicking Sapnap discreetly in the shin. "So, I've been kinda stuck here for a while-" He looked nervous. I didn't like that. "So I was wondering if I could go out and like, I dunno, patrol?" 

Techno shrugged lightly, ignoring the glare I shot him as he nodded. "Sure, George, go ahead. Bring Dream with you, though, he's been kinda cramped too." He shoots me a wry smile before glancing at Sapnap. "And you, Bad wants to make sure your axe is still working alright."

I blink, struggling not to gape at Techno as he pivots and strides away casually, trailed by Sapnap, as if he hadn't just forced me to be alone with George.

Did he just-? 

I feel a tap on my shoulder and spin around. George giggles softly. "Welcome back." 

"Sorry." I mutter, realizing I must've spaced out. 

George rolls his eyes with a small smile. "Am I just that boring?" He teases, crossing his arms and tilting his head slightly at me.

I snicker lightly, ignoring the pain in my torso it brings. "Absolutely." 

George just smiles sweetly, in that way that drives me mad with frustrating ease. "You ready, or what?" He asks, tone laced with gentle sarcasm. 

"I- Yeah." I swallow, my fingertips brushing the handle of my dagger and then relaxing. 

"C'mon, then, I kn- I mean, I saw a good place for rabbits recently, and maybe we can see if there are any other good targets, like a tree or something." He stumbles over his first few words, but takes it in stride, his voice smoothing out quickly. 

I hum softly, gazing at the horizon. "Okay. I assume I'm not doing much?" 

"I mean, unless you want to suffer, no." George giggles softly, beginning to walk further from the cottage, bow now in hand. I follow quickly, a tiny skip to my step. 

~||~ 

"So, you- Dream, you idiot!" 

I giggle nervously, sitting back against the tree more heavily. "I'm sorry!"