Intrusive

TRIGGER WARNING: DEATH, MURDER, ATTEMPTED SUICIDE

The world had been completely consumed by flesh hungry humanoids, or what we call zombies. After Max had to kill his own parents, he was on his own.

We'll rewind to where this had even started

Max was never the ideal role model child, quite frankly the opposite being relatively hellbent in everyway. But this was just a cause of negligence, he was fortunate that his parents never exactly hit him or y'know, withold his rations. But oddly enough, it was more-so because they didn't do any of that. The child's parents were always pre-occupied, never was able to spend time with Max - and this took a toll on him. Desperate for their attention, he'd taken drastic measures to try get something, anything! Out of them, just so he knew that they even still cared, course he'd simply just get a light scolding or a day's grounding. Max's parents never actually fufilled their roles as a parent anyways, they only tended to basic needs like shelter, food, water and that was it.

You could probably tell how it fucked up Max even more, he was forced to grow up quicker than he should've and learn everything on his own without any guidance. The world was terrifying, and he learnt that at the age of 7, followed by the age of 10 where he really found out life was pointless. Simply a world to spin the monopoly of capitalism for the sake of other's greed. This dragged on to where he was now, 15 and still the sad sack of shit he'd always been for the past 6 years.

The recent days had been rather murky and Max spent most of his days sitting in his room on his cracked phone or now barely fuctional laptop. Each day was dragging on to what felt like forever, and... school? He barely even attended and was close to dropping out, his parents were rarely home and he didn't exactly know why asides from it being their job - all he knew was they had been gone for the week which was anything unusual. Max had attempted to ask them but they were quick to dismiss it and avoid the topic altogether. It was a pain in the ass because he barely knew anything about his parents, even though he's lived with them his entire life. The ravenette snapped from the thoughts, and once more became aware of his surroundings. Max's room was dull and messy, really replicating his personality huh? But he pushed himself out of bed, deciding he was hungry he needed to go get breakfas- well, lunch actually, it was already 1 o'clock.

The house was quiet as it always was, his creaking footsteps on the floorboards echoing through the house's hallways. This was just the daily, there should be some eggs in the fridge; he didn't make the best scrambled eggs but it was the fastest thing he could make that would fill his appetite. Unless there was something else, perhaps... Mac n Cheese? Max had approached the fridge and peered into it, seeing whatever was left. Maybe last night's leftover Chinese takeout, to which hit the realization, was it just him or was it eerily quiet? He hadn't been to school in awhile,, perhaps that was it, he was just deranged from any sort of social interraction to the point where his vocal chords went stiff and it hurt to talk.

But something just didn't feel right, Max couldn't tell what it was but it was a hunch. Then again, he kept convincing himself that it was simply from the isolation, it'd been like... a few days since he last left his room; well kinda, he only ever came out for short periods of time to get food and then return. He pursed his lips as he let his eyes return to the fridge, scanning it's contents to eat... something.

A scream shattered across, it was rather high pitched and belonged to a female. The abrupt sound made Max jump, however it stopped- followed by lots and lots of crashing. What was going on-? Max spotted the window above the sink and tried to get a look outside, see what was going on, it sounded like it came from his neighbour's place. Which honestly looked like a mess, the windows were barricades with wooden planks; sloppily nailed in to add with that. Maybe they'd just gone crazy, like him, he was bound to eventually have a crazy neighbour. But the thoughts wavered off when the door knob rattled, rather desperately. Who was it-?