Minho

[I'm gonna use some aspects from the movie and some from the book, a mix of both. For instance, the Pit will be used, but Ben is not Minho's running partner]

"I'm gonna kill him," Minho walks over and sits next to Newt at a table, his jaw clenched, and he was drenched in sweat from his day of running. "I'm gonna smash his shucking face in. If you think I'm joking, you just watch me."

Newt chewed his food, having heard this many times before, he remained calm. "What'd he do this time?"

"What he does everytime, acts like he owns the place, walks high and mighty like we should all bow down to him." Minho vents, clearly pissed. "One more day, Newt, that's all I need. I've tried my best for a long time."

"Mhm," Newt mumbles, biting his food again. He barely even listened, Minho came in every day like this, Newt expected it, waited for it everytime Minho returned from the Maze.

Newt let him keep talking, and Minho didn't seem to notice that Newt barely listened, too angry to. He kept talking until supper ended, and even followed Newt around a little after. He had finished his rant and left Newt, walking back to the Homestead while Newt roamed the Glade.

Newt thought often about Minho and Alby, he appreciated them, they were the only people he absolutely trusted and could rely on. There were a select few people he could call his friends, but Minho and Alby were no doubt first.

When Minho first started complaining to Newt about Gally, Newt had gotten worried and watched over Minho to make sure his temper wouldn't blow over. About a week passed, and Newt realized that even though Minho had a short temper, he was too smart to let himself crack easily, especially over Gally. Once, he had told Newt that he wouldn't even waste his time hurting Gally physically.

Newt thought about how even though Minho was smart, he let his impulses override his common sense quite often. He told himself to make sure to start watching out for Minho again, he didn't want him to do any he would regret. He pushed the thought to the back of his mind and kept going about his business.

The next morning, Newt had woken up and gone to his work. The day quickly faded into night and the Runners returned. Except this time, Minho didn't come to Newt for dinner. Newt worried that maybe he hadn't made it back, so he searched for another Runner to ask if they knew Minho's whereabouts.

"Yeah, he made it out." The Runner said "don't know where he went from there, sorry"

Newt thanked him and went on his way, searching but not being able to find him. He figured that maybe he'd see him in the morning, so he shrugged it off.

About an hour or so later, Alby ran up to Newt, eyes wide. "What's wrong?" Newt asked, clearly sensing something was off. "Is everything okay?"

Alby shakes his head. "No," he says "no, it's not okay. It's Minho."

Newt had no doubt in his mind of what Alby meant; he had finally snapped, did exactly what he said he would do. Newt was scared for both Minho and Gally

Alby led Newt to the Deadheads, and when they had gotten close, Newt heard some rustling and a voice that was definitely Minho's, yelling to be let go.

Newt walked through the last few trees to where the whole scene took place. There were a few Gladers holding back Minho, and Jeff and Clint leaning over a bloody Gally, who seemed to be unconscious.

Upon seeing Newt's arrival, Minho said to him, "I told you, Newt. I told you I would do it." Minho had a crazed look to him, one Newt had never seen before. Minho had always had short temper, but had never actually done anything like this. Newt went and kneeled down next to Gally, still hearing Minho's struggles to be released behind him.