Paradise (Part 2)

Pain shot through Thomas' back, and an arm pressed up against his chest.

"You what?"

"Minho, it was what h-"

"Don't you dare."His breaths came out short and hard, and he glared at Thomas as if he was about to kill him. "Don't you dare say that. That's not an exuse, slinthead. Not for me."

Minho had began to hurt Thomas now, maybe he knew he was, maybe he didn't. Part of the tree was digging into Thomas' back, and Thomas squirmed under his grip.

 "You don't get it, you killed my best friend." Thomas didn't know what to do. He was scared, scared that Minho would hurt him or do something he would regret. "That isn't okay. Just because you told me that's what he wanted doesn't mean it's okay."

"Minho, listen to me," suprisingly, Minho stopped talking. He stared that Thomas, jaw clenched and eyes narrowed, waiting for him to continue. "I couldn't leave him. I couldn't leave him to transform into one of those cannibalistic...monsters. You weren't there. You didn't see him, he wasn't even himself. He hated me, Minho, hated me. He put the gun to his own head, he just needed someone else to pull the trigger."

"Then tell me this. Why did he leave the stupid note to you?"  Thomas didn't know. Why did Newt give it to him? "He's known your shuck face for what? 3, 4 weeks? He's been my best friend for two years."

Thomas didn't know what to say. What happened had happened, and he felt sick knowing that he couldn't change it.

With one swift move, Minho had pushed Thomas even harder into the tree, then turned around and walked a few steps away. Thomas had to keep himself from letting out a cry of pain, he looked over to see Minho with his face in his hands, after a few seconds, he ran his hands through his hair and sighed.

"Just go."

"Minho-"

"Go. Do you have hearing problems? Just leave me alone."  His expression changed to one Thomas had never seen on him before. He was hurt, no doubt. Thomas could tell that Minho's anger was slowly bubbling down into something even worse, and more dangerous. He was sad, and most likely felt alone and abandoned. His best friend was dead, and the one who killed him was standing right in front of him. Minho's voice cracked when he said, "Don't you think you've done enough?"

That hurt Thomas, and he had no choice but to walk away. As he was, he could've sworn he had heard Minho mumble,

"It should've been you."

~~

Heyy so leave feedback? There'll be one more part to this particular story, then I'll do others.