platonic!Treebros - Stop!

Somebody stop me this ship is so fun to write

TW: Attempted suicide, suicidal themes, crying (would that be a trigger?), probably cursing, scars. Angsty af

AU where Evan and Connor knew each other since the printer incident.

Third person POV

Evan and Connor have been best friends since the 'printer incident'. Neither knew why, they were as different as humanly possible. Maybe except for the fact that they were both social rejects. Evan was new to the school they were going to, when Connor threw a printer at Mrs. G. Evan was scared shitless, so he steered clear of him. The week after, all the tables were filled so they were forced to sit together. A beautiful friendship blossomed from there.

As time progressed, both of their mental health... lets just say it didn't get better. Because of this, they grew distant. Evan tried desperately to get them to talk more, because he knew Connor was the only person keeping him from ending it all. 

Connor knew he was aggressive. Too aggressive. He hurt and scared everyone in a ten-mile radius. The thing is, he knew he was being unreasonable and awful, and knew that just because of his mental health, it doesn't mean he gets to hurt people. He just didn't know how to stop it.

It's like it was out of his control. He was disgusted with himself. He hated Zoe, but he knew she didn't deserve the angry outbursts. Going numb didn't really work either, so he decided to go to that old apple orchard. First he took the pills from the bathroom cabinet.

Evan sat in his bedroom, wondering if he should text his friend. part of him said e should, he might miss him. Another said not to, because he might be bothering him. He debated this for a good five minutes until he thought, fuck it, and sent the text.

Evan: Hey, Connor! just wanted to check up on you. how's it going?

Connor smiled sadly, appreciating what his friend asked. Not many people genuinely asked how he was. But he knew what had to be done. He sent a message back.

Connor: Oh, hey, tree boy. I just want to say, thank you, and I'm sorry.

What did he mean by that? Thank you and I'm sorry? what does that mean...........

Shit. No. Connor. he can't- Evan needs him. 

Evan realized what the text meant and panicked. Fuck. Grabbed his keys and ran out the door. Where would he be? it's almost 7:00. Wait, where did he say he used to go to to see the sunset? The orchard. He would be at the orchard. Evan started sprinting as fast as his legs could carry him, with tears spilling from his eyes.

Connor sat at the trunk of a tree, waiting for sundown. he told himself he would wait. Just in case...... ugh. He cursed himself for even thinking that somebody would stop him. he deserved it anyway. He allowed silent tears to roll down his cheeks. it's not like anyone would even notice.

He then heard a fairly loud, cracking scream. "STOP! CON- CONNOR, PLEASE!" Connor's head twisted. Was that.... Evan? 

"STOP!"

"STO- Stop!"

Stop, please..." Evan practically slid to Connor. "Connor.. I'm here. Please don't go,"

Connor looked at Evan blankly. Did he mean it? Did he really want him to stop or was he pranking him? No, he wouldn't.

He threw his arms around the smaller boy. A this point both of them were bawling their eyes out. Evan noticed something on the other's arm. As they were hugging, he asked if he could see his arm. Connor originally said no, and Evan let him be. Until Connor rolled his sleeve up himself. Evan looked at him tears in his eyes, but otherwise blankly. He realized that some of the cuts were fresher than the others.

"Hey, it's okay." He said, trying to keep calm, without freaking out again. "Relapses are a part of recovery. I won't judge." 

Connor grasped Evan even tighter. He didn't want to let him go. What he said was one of the things he really needed to hear.

The boys sat there until the sun set. Connor would stay safe another day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh boy this was a rollercoaster to write. I hope you liked it!

I'm not going to do word counts. Those take forever lol

Requests are open! go ahead and request if you want me to write anything.