Chapter 1

Hi guys. Welcome to my story. I'd really appreciate if you guys vote or comment on my book.

I was holding my library books in my hands to return them. It was our free time, so I knew a certain girl was following behind me just because she was bored.

"Hey Natasha.. where are you going??"  Her voice was heard just behind my ear.

"Umm.. somewhere".I said.

"Oh cut the crap..I know where you going."

My annoying best friend Sachini said to me.

" Then why did you asked me.??"

Sachini abruptly stopped after hearing that. "Huh...! that makes sense."

Sachini was talking nonstop about how she was going to spend her holidays. Listening to that I wished why my family wasn't like that. For three months I'm cooped up in the school, then when the holidays come, l'm again cooped up in my house. I only have permission to go out when one of my extra tuition classes was being held. I don't like being in that house.

But Sachini was not like that. She was always looking forward to go home. Even though she likes the school, she's always saying she missed her sisters. Her two elder sisters. I wish I had any siblings. Because I know when I went home there is nobody waiting for me. I know it is wrong but I sometimes feel envious of Sachini.

My parents were barely home. Even though I see them through the television, it feels really distance. Being famous lawyers in the country, they didn't have time for any other things. Mr. Jude Fernandez and Mrs. Tina Fernandez is famous for their cases in underworld.

In my fourteen years of living I only enjoyed my time in this school. Since I was ten I've been here. In Musaeus college. It's a great school. My real home was here.

I'm not a very sociable kid. But I managed to made a best friend. Which is the girl who is standing by my side the whole time. Annoying Sachini. Currently I'm walking to the school library. Which is a save heaven for me.l like to read very much. Whenever sachini couldn't find me,she always looking for me at the library.

"Hey..Nat... are you even listening to me???"
I managed to shake up from my daze.

"Yeah yeah I'm listening."

I managed to make a fake smile.

" so get this....." I zoned out again.

It is nearly Christmas holidays. I'm supposed to go home.but the thing is I don't wanna ho home. It's a place that I felt so alone.My parents usually work at holidays too when I'm home celebrating Christmas with our house servant, who is an kind old lady.

**********

It was the second day of December. Final school day of the year. It's nearly Christmas. But I didn't have anyone to celebrate christmas with. Every year Sachini invite me to her house to celebrate Christmas. But I didn't have permission to go to anyone's house. That would be okay if they would spend the holidays with me. But they don't.

And of course they sent their driver to pick me up, after finishing my semester. Just like the last three years.

After a 2 hour drive, I saw the house that I lived for 14 years. It looks fancy and modern,but on the inside it's a haunted house with no one In it. even the holidays. l got outside of the car and look towards the front porch. To my biggest surprise my mother was waiting for me.

But she didn't look happy. She just motioned for me to come inside. I followed her to inside. And my father was sitting in the living area. I immediately looked down. I didn't want to make eye contact with him.
"Natasha... I  umm no we.. need to tell you something.." I was more than shocked. He never stutters when he need to tell something (not only because he is a lawyer) Feeling brave I lifted my head to get a peek. All I saw was troubling expressions on his face. I looked over my mother, only to turn her back on me. Her face held conflicting emotions.

"Natasha. Someone called us a few days ago. Uhh, from London.

This felt frustrated for me. He lowered his head while clutching his hair letting out lots of sighs.

" You are going to live in London from now on."

I blinked my eyes for several times. I knew this wasn't a joke cause they never joked. Why is this a sudden decision?

"Oh.. umm cool cool."

"So.. when are we going?" I asked nervously.
My mother just looked away.

Talking with them this way was very foreign to me.

"It's only you. Natasha."

"W-what?" I couldn't help but stutter.

Why only me?

"Listen vey careful okay?   We haven't been always truthful to you. You're adapted."

What?

He didn't wait enough for me to get the news in time.

"You were three when you were adapted. We couldn't have children so we decided to adapt one. The thing why we're telling you this is that you have a real family and they contacted me last week. Apparently you disappeared when you were two years old and they found out you were in here. In Sri Lanka. Your family is coming to get you at fourth Of  December."

my father told me in an one breath.

My vision was blocked by my unshed tears. I couldn't cry. Because apparently my foster parents taught me to never ever shed a tear for any reason.

I knew I looked nothing like my parents. Both my parents had dark brown hairs and grey and green eyes
I had jet black hair and Brown eyes.slightly tanned skin. I'm four point eight inches. Both my parents were short for their ages. They were not originally from Sri Lanka. But I thought since my grandparents had similar appearance to me I was there daughter. But apparently not. I looked a lot fair than any normal Sri Lankan.my parents did too. But I thought that because they were originally From Poland.

They said one of my family member will come to Sri Lanka to get me.they didn't even tell me who.
And now I'm packing my bags. To live my life in a totally foreign country.

This was the start of her new yet unpredictable life.

***************

The first chapters are so short. But please keep reading. It gets interesting one after the other.
Vote
Comment