The Second Night/ Mr Fabian

Derek and Ethan rode into the castle grounds.

A guard met them at the gate.

“Good afternoon.”

“Good afternoon, Derek, Ethan. The princesses are waiting in their mother's garden.”

They ride straight towards the garden where the princesses were all gathered, waiting for them.

“We’ve brought new shoes, as you requested.” Derek said, dropping the trunk load of shoes on the floor.

“Were the ones before not to your liking?” Ethan asked, handing out the new shoes to the princesses.

“Not at all. We just wore them out.” Ashlyn replied.

“We've been out dancing.” Genevieve said and then spun towards her twin, pulling her.

“Come on [Y/n], dance with me.”

[Y/n] giggled and started dancing with her twin, the exact same steps used to open the gateway in their bedroom.

“One.”

“Two.”

“Three”

“And four”

“Five.”

“Six” The boys watched them with smiles on their faces.

“Seven.”

“Eight.”

“Nine.”

“And ten”

“Eleven.”

“Twelve.”

“Thirteen.” [Y/n] twirled three times on the last tile.

The girls sighed.

“A magical time.” They said in unison, making them giggle.

“Can you two fix them, Derek?” Ashlyn asked as Derek took the shoe from her.

“Hey is that gold dust?” Ethan asked looking at the shoe.

“It's... a secret.” [Y/n] answered.

“Oh. Of course. I didn't mean to pry.” Ethan said sincerely.

“Oh I didn't think you were prying. It's just...” She blushed in embarrassment.

“Never mind.”

Genevieve smiled at her twin, but then looked up to see Desmond watching them, probably keeping an eye on them for Rowena.

“So…no treats today?” Derek asked [Y/n] teasingly.

She laughed.

“Nope, sorry. Duchess Rowena hasn’t let me near the kitchen since she arrived.”

“Well that’s a shame, we really miss your catering.” Ethan said

[Y/n] let out an embarrassed laughed.

Genevieve bumped her twin, then gestured to Desmond and then to the boys.

[Y/n] nodded.

“Speaking of the Duchess, Derek, Ethan, may we ask you two a favor?” [Y/n] asked.

“Of course, Your Highness.” The boys replied.

The twins led them further away from the other girls, to another part of the garden.

“This morning, we saw Duchess Rowena give something to a man, a Mr. Fabian.”

“He was short with a beard and he wore a blue coat.” Genevieve described.