7.

Kehlani
The Monday after the party
I woke up to hear the sound of soft sobs coming from across the hall in Laurens room. I groggily sat up looking at the time it read 5:37 a.m . I groaned and stared at the wall for a second before making my way to her room and knocking on the door. She lightly sniffled.

"yes" she said quietly.

"Lauren its me open the door"

I heard shuffling and finally she came to the door. Her eyes were red and puffy and her hair was tangled and all over her had.

"What do you want" she stated harshly as she sniffled.

"What do you mean what do I want? I want to know what's upsetting you it's no need to catch a attitude with me" I said took back by her tone.

"It's not like you give a fuck . These days you're never home anyway." She said rolling her eyes and sitting on her bed.

"Lauren you and mom used to get on me all the time about being in the house and now that I actually have friends you want to criticize me like I left you?" I questioned.

"YOU WEREN'T HERE! I NEEDED YOU AND YOU WEREN'T HERE!" She finally yelled as she burst out into tears. I pulled her into my arms as she sobbed uncontrollably. What could possibly bothering her this much? I held her as she continued to cry for about 5 more minutes after calming down she looked up at me with red eyes.

"I'm pregnant Kehlani." She said. It felt like my heart just dropped out of my chest. My baby sister pregnant? Somebody pinch me cause this has got to be a nightmare.

"What?"I stated quietly shocked.

"I just took a test this morning. I have been feeling sick for a couple weeks so I asked Cassidy to steal one from Walmart yesterday and stick it in a bag on the side of the house.I had a feeling that just confirmed it." she said quietly. I just sat there not knowing what to say. After about 5 minutes of silent I finally spoke.

"What do you want to do?" I asked. She looked up at me and shrugged and ran her hands through her hair.

"I don't know I need to go see Elijah ." She said.

"Who the hell is Elijah?"

"My baby's father"

Just hearing those words alone coming out my middle school sisters mouth made me want to throw up.

"Lauren.. you do realize that this is serious. You were doing grown people activities, now you have to deal with the consequences like a adult. You need to talk to him and mom. How old is this dude anyway?"

"The same age as me."

"How many people have you had unprotected sex with?"

"Only 3" she stated. Lord take the wheel because I'm about to whoop her little pregnant ass like my momma shoulda. I took a deep breath to refrain from saying something hurtful.

"Get dressed go to school we will deal with this later tonight."I said walking out the room.

"Kehlani do you hate me?" She asked I could tell she was on the verge of crying.