~ E I G H T E E N ~

February 1st 2014

Taylor won't admit it but the prospect of starting back on her tour today is nerve wracking, she loves her shows but she's now only a week off of her third trimester and she's all alone in London. Harry is in LA for work which is fine, but today is his birthday and they're on different sides of the world.

"It's one birthday, T, you guys can celebrate when he's home in a few days," Caitlin is sat on the other side of Taylor's dressing room as the blonde paces a little, her back starts to ache if she sits for too long. "I know, I just miss him," she smiles gently as she looks to her friend, running her hand over her bump - she's glad that he's getting to spend it with his friends but she feels guilty for wishing he was here, she knows it's not his choice to be away from them but she really is glad that he has people there to celebrate with.

Taylor sighs as she sits down on the sofa beside her friend, picking up her phone and responding to Claire's text - Claire and Ash having gone on a coffee run. "Your mommy is being grumpy today, little buddy," the blonde rolls her eyes as Caitlin whispers to her bump, "and Auntie Cait isn't as scared of the grumpy and tired pregnant lady as she should be," the singer shoves her friend away as the pair laugh.

"I can't wait to get home and start getting ready, I feel so unprepared for the little one," she frowns as she looks down to her bump, she's been so busy and all over the place that she hasn't had much time to be at home. "Hasn't your mom been sorting things for you?" Taylor nods as she smiles, "I keep having things delivered over there but there's still so much I need to be there to do." She wants to be able to relax and enjoy the end of her pregnancy but she's not going to get that for a while.

Claire and Ashleigh reappear with trays of coffees and Caitlin jumps to grab one but Taylor just rolls her eyes as she's handed her decaf - she misses coffee.

She tries to refocus her brain away from Harry and pay attention to the conversation going on amongst her friends, she hasn't seen them much lately and she missed them. "Taylor, you've gotta do soundcheck," her manager comes into the room and the blonde sighs, "I gotta pee and then I'll be there." She always has to pee these days so it's no surprise to anyone, "are you okay?" The colour flushes from Taylor's face a little as she pushes herself up and Claire tries to support the blonde, "yeah.. yeah, I'm good." Taylor takes a moment to balance herself and forces a laugh, "I just got up too quickly, little one doesn't like me moving much these days."

She shakes it off and goes into the bathroom to pee, but when she's done and stands back up it happens again, "hey now," she feels a particularly harsh kick and holds onto the counter as she catches her breath, "I need you to be easy on me today, little one." She sighs as she runs a hand over her bump, she just needs to get through today and then she knows she can handle the next few months.

She takes a minute and then washes her hands and goes back out where Caitlin is waiting to go to soundcheck with her. "Ready?" The singer nods at her friend as she sighs, holding her bump as she goes to grab her phone and water - she just needs to hold it together for a little while longer.

---

Tree insisted on Taylor sitting for all of soundcheck and the singer didn't argue - the publicist has taken on a very motherly role since Taylor fell pregnant, especially when Andrea can't be with her. She got through that and then Harry facetimed her so he could open his birthday presents with her and that really helped lift Taylor's spirits today, it was so nice to see his face when they've been apart for almost a week now.

"Nervous?" Taylor is sat at the vanity table, Gemma came by to have dinner with her before the show and the singer just finished doing her make up and there's not long until she has to head for the stage. "Terrified," she responds with a breathy laugh as she runs her hand over her bump, "and little one is being so active tonight, we haven't done a show in a while, huh?" She looks down to her stomach, she's been away from touring for more than a month now and she hasn't been able to work out so she feels totally out of shape and uncomfortable in her body's ability.