The encounter

The explosion had gone well. Just as he was running after throwing a grenade at the final remnants of the marūnmatta outpost, a surviving guard saw him and shouted - "There! There!". As he ran around the corner, he saw a marurākṣasa respond to the call on the first floor of the neighbouring building - a big rākṣasaśālā. He was accompanied by a thinly veiled woman. They must have seen his outfit and general build. True to his nature, he took the bolder and more unexpected route: he traced another route back to the rākṣasaśālā!

They had reconnoitered it as well, and knew that it was mostly unoccupied, but accepting new talibs (students). As he calmly entered it and found and was finding a place to catch his breath. Just then, the veiled beauty came forth as if making sure that her building was secure. Her partner must have left in pursuit. He caught himself going over her curves - he must have kept brahmacharya for far too long! Just then, something made her turn to his direction - and she froze. An instant later, she started running in the opposite direction. He exclaimed "hanta!" and pursued. She must have been terrified, because she was fast. But he closed in on her, and caught her scent. Something must have flipped in his brain - he held the pink veil he then snatched longingly at his lips. Within a couple of steps, he was on top of her, clutching her waist. His fake beard was partly off.

Going against all his training and discipline, he just began nuzzling her firm waist and full hip. She was looking at him in shock, looking with fear at the wrist thread that marked him as an Arya. He briefly regained some of his senses as the thought "How could I stand the horror of my seed being raised a marurAxasa?" crossed his mind. He caught her gaze and asked the frightened beauty: "Should I kill you or take you?", dismissing the formidable difficulty of carrying her off to AryAvarta. The woman shocked herself and said: "Take me!" She did not know what had come over her. She could not look away, even as he stood her up. Both of them were off kilter, but they did not care anymore. They explored each others' face and neck with their lips. He stopped with some difficulty and said: "Take me to a room." As she led him to one, never letting go of his hand, he recited emperor Dushyanta's famous verse that well reflected the state of his mind: "असंशयं क्षत्रपरिग्रहक्षमा यदार्यमस्यामभिलाषि मे मनः । सतां हि सन्देहपदेषु वस्तुषु प्रमाणमन्तःकरणप्रवृत्तयः ॥". She looked at him as if trying to understand, but gave up momentarily and went ahead.

They entered a luxuriously furnished room. What passionate things happened at leisure behind those locked doors oblivious to the mayhem unleashed outside! We won't make that public. Towards the end, as she lay on his arm, he thought once more: "What have I done? What are the dharmAchArya-s going to say? An Arya and a dasyu? I don't even know her, yet, it is as if I have always known her. Fine! I suppose the Gods have chosen. If she is Vilistengā, I must be her Indra". To her he said aloud: "I don't want to know your name. It is not yours anymore. Henceforth, you are Vilistēngā!" She looked far and repeated slowly: "Vilistēngā".