III

Everything rushes back; I gasp, forcing air to fill my lungs. My heartbeat, which had stopped, speeds up a hundred fold. The beat slamming against my chest, sounding similar to the beating of a humming birds wings. I feel the warmth of my own blood dripping down the left side of my face, from above my eyebrow all the way down to the middle of my cheek. My tongue slithers out and wipes away at the liquid. My tongue marvels at the taste of warm blood, something I never found appealing until this moment.

My right eye snaps open, though my left one seems to be temporarily out of commission. A Strong urge rushes through me, like a punch to the gut.

"Bloodlust." Sahara points out, her voice in awe.

I find myself standing up, my muscles slightly tense, as if I had just woken up from an excruciatingly long nap. I roll my shoulders before my gaze snaps to the two men on the floor. Their backs lean against the dirty tan wall as they look up at me with fearful eyes. I feel a wicked smile pull onto my lips as a new source of power floods through me. My top canines itch as they grow inside of my mouth, sharpening into fangs.

I don't know what, exactly, is going on; but, I won't question it.

"The Vampire within you, It's been awakened."

I smirk down at the men, which seems to snap them out of their shock. Beer Belly stands on shaky legs, his knees knocking against each other, it's almost comical.

"I don't know what voodoo magic you just pulled, but it will be the last thing you ever do!" he yells out, his voice slightly trembling in fear.

Confidence fills me up, he is nothing compared to me. Sahara purrs inside me, accepting our other half in stride. She loves knowing that I finally accept myself for who I am. I have always been one to doubt myself, accepting that I was nothing but a weakling...but, oh, how the tides have turned. I feel like a completely new person.

I lift my hand, running it through my hair - which feels thicker, fuller. I hear a scream of outrage, forcing me to look back to Craig and Beer Belly.

Craig has also stood up now. I watch as he takes two small steps, before he starts to run toward me haphazardly. His knife is raised over his head, aimed at me. With speed I never had before, I am in front of him. My hand shoots out and grips him by the wrist. I feel his pulse under my fingertips and it sends me ablaze. I run two of my fingers up his other arm, hardly noticing the struggle he is putting up against my hold. I don't fail to notice Beer Belly inching closer to the door, his time will come soon enough.

"Ian wouldn't mind a drained lackey, I don't think." I hum, turning their own words against him. I feel a deadly smile pull itself onto my lips as my nails pierce his skin. I take satisfaction in knowing that the whimper that fills the silent room comes from Craig this time around.

I lift his wrist to my lips and lick off the bead of blood gathering near my thumb. The second the blood touches my tongue, I resist the urge to spit it right back out and into his face. His blood is disgusting, dirty, tainted. I growl, picking him up by his arm and throwing him into the wall. The force of my throw, plus his own weight, has the thin wall crumbling to the floor on top of him. Craig's leg hangs out from under the debris. I listen as his heartbeat slows and then finally stops. He must have hit his head, not that I care very much. I hear a manly yelp and feel another smirk twitching to come out as I turn to where Beer Belly is standing. He stands there, in front of the door, with wide eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask, my voice sickly sweet. "You don't want to play with me anymore?"

I take slow steps toward him, not out of caution, but because it's fun to watch him squirm. It's like a cat and mouse game and this time around, I'm not the mouse.