Florida Man

TW: psychical and verbal Abuse, trauma, dissociating, slight homophobia

Fear whelmed inside Dream, colour draining from his face and his stomach dropping fast. He blinked unsure if what he was seeing was real. It was. He cursed under his breath. It wasn't a surprise, Dream knew Sapnaps stubbornness and determination would drive them here. To Dream. But he wasn't happy about it either.

Dream looked back to his living room, pushing his hands up off the couch he sat on to quickly head to the front door. If they were going to meet him they may as well do it properly. Dreams house was clean, he hadn't been home much considering the long line of women he had been sleeping with day in, day out. He was wearing a fitted white shirt and grey sweats, not exactly the most desired outfit he wished to be wearing when he met his friends for the first time.

What if he didn't live up to their expectations.

Well, who cares Dream thought. They were the ones invading his personal space, it was him that should be mad not worried about what they thought of him. There was a knock at the door. Dreams heart sank. He walked quickly up the hall and wrapped his fingers slowly around the doorknob. He twisted and pulled revealing the dark sky outside and the silhouettes of the two boys.

"D-Dream..?" The British accent was the first to be heard. It was timid and weak suggesting the question really did not want to be asked.
"George?" Dream replied, reality finally setting in. It was George.
The two boys stepped inside, warmth filling them up inside.
Dream stared at the pair in awe.
"Oh my god guys!" He pulled them into a tight hug. They all laughed, their smiles lighting up the room.

A happiness waved over Dream which he had never felt before. They pulled back just to stand at look at each other in awe. George's dark hair was messy from what looked like a long journey, but to Dream, it was handsome.

His warm eyes bore into his soul making him feel all tingly inside. And his face. His face was perfection. Oh and Sapnap was there too, though Dream didn't seem to pay much attention to the other boys appearance, he just knew he was his best friend and he was there. George took all of his minds room away. He was gorgeous. He was there. (I'm sorry Sapnap I love you)

George's POV
It was Dream. dream was standing infront of him. George was in awe. He was gorgeous. His eyes were bright green, they reminded George of the colour of emeralds. He mentally noted that emeralds were his new favourite.

His hair was dirty blonde almost brown, he chuckled to himself remember Dream telling the world he was a hardcore blonde. Obviously not. Dream was a lot taller than George had imagined. He towered over the two other boys making George feel overpowered. He didn't mind though. George's heart beat quickened. The hope that he would meet Dream and his feelings of anything more than a friendship would subside were immediately shot down. He was hot, to put it lightly.

George thought Dream was hot.

"Why'd you guys come here. You should've." Dream said bluntly breaking the short silence. Sapnap stared down at his feet and began to mumble,
"We were worried about you dude. It's not like you to just disappear of the internet."
"We just wanted to check on you, make sure you were ok. We know what you're like." George laughed light heartedly trying to ease some of the tension that was beginning to grow. The 2 guests could feel anger rising in their host.
"You know you guys aren't my baby sitters. I can take care of myself thank you very much." Dreams words were harsh and short. He clearly was getting annoyed at the boys, it was unclear if he was angry at their presence or their intrusion.
"We know Dream. It's just-" Sapnap began but he was cut off.

"I don't want to hear it Sapnap! You guys had no right just barging in here to check and see if I was alright, that's pathetic! I'm better than alright I'll have you know. These past few months have been the most free I've felt in years. Away from you! No more George and Sapnap bothering me every 5 minutes. No more pathetic jokes and stupid games!" Dream was yelling now.

The words cut through George's heart like a knife. His voice reminded him of dark rooms and broken glass from his childhood. He took a few steps back, his vision became blurry and his hearing faded. He could make our mumbled shouts from Sapnap as he tried to calm his friend and explain himself. The voices became quieter and more compressed until George couldn't hear them at all. The room around him had disappeared and he was standing alone in his childhood bedroom.

He looked up at the door he sat facing, cowering on the floor, his legs tight to his chest and his head in his arms. The door burst open as his father stumbled inside yelling. His drunken words loud and obnoxious. A glass smashed at George's feet sending shockwaves up his legs and arms, a whimper sounded from between his lips and tears began to puddle in his eyes. He could hear his mother running up the hall screaming at his father. They had been arguing again, this time it didn't stop after a few hours. This time had went on for days. And now it was George's turn. He felt a large blow to the shin. George turned in fear hiding his face. "No tears from my son! Crying for wimps, for sissy's, for gays! And I will not have a gay son."

His mother entered the room grabbing his father from behind pulling him away from the small lump of a boy in the corner. The shouts continued down the hall and more items clashed to the floor. George stifled his cries and allowed himself to lay, the pain in his shin almost as great as the pain in his heart. The room began to spin. He could hear his name being called. He tried to move away from it, in fear it was his father. But as the voices came closer they sounded more warm and nurturing.
"George?" "George? George! Hey George!"

George's eyes shot open. He was in Dreams house. He looked around to discover he was sitting on the floor in the far corner of the entry hall. His sweaty palms flat on the cold floor and his heart rate heavy. Dream and Sapnap kneeled in front of his face, Sapnap was saying his name to bring him back to reality whilst Dream had his strong arms on George's shoulders. It grounded him, pulled him back to the present. Dream. The feeling of his hands on his own arms made him feel safe, like nothing could touch him. Of course Dream had broken yet another wall built from years of emotional trauma. It seemed George had a soft spot for Dream once again.

"George?" Dream voice was softer than George had heard before, a real concern showed.
"What happened Georgie" George's heart glowed at the nickname Dream had used. His head hurt, his thoughts still foggy.
"All the shouting... I- my dad, he was hitting me... I wasn't here..." George trailed off stopping himself from revealing too much about his childhood trauma.

"It's okay George you're here, you're safe with us now." This time it was Sapnap who spoke the calming words. It made George feel more at ease but not as much as when Dream spoke. When his caramel like voice poured loving thoughts into his dark mind.

The boys all calmed themselves. Dream and Sapnaps disagreement seemed to be forgotten and all remained well. They sat down in Dreams kitchen to catch up, everything peaceful and seemingly normal.

Dreams phone buzzed. He never answered it, this seemed to be a common occurrence now a-days. Then it began to ring. Once again he acted like he couldn't hear it. George leaned across the counter and picked it up, this grabbed Dreams attention. He leaned over quickly trying to grab it from George's hands.

"You know, Dream you should really start answering this." George handed Dream the phone.
Dream huffed.
"If you say so." A coy smile grew on Dream face. He picked up the phone, a short conversation was had before he hung up again. He turned in his seat and jumped to the group grabbing his hoodie from the counter next to him.

"Where are you going?" Sapnap asked accusingly.
"Out."
"What do you mean out? Out where it's like 11pm." George asked, Dreams sudden attitude took him by surprise.
"I have a date." He smirked.

George's heart sank. He watched at the green eyed boy strutted out the room and down the hall, flinching as he heard the slam of the front door.

"He has a date?" Sapnap said, his face blank.
"A date?" George repeated.
The 2 boys sat alone in the kitchen staring at the empty seat where there friend used to sit.