{The Town}

The wheels of Sam's skateboard caused the tarmac of the road below to fall apart, the black road slowly gaining a blue tint as the sheriff car got closer to her. The multiple people walking around the small town paid no attention to the police chase happening next to them, as it had now become a weekly occurrence with the two Fitzherbert siblings and Sheriff Graham. The black-haired girl pulled the strap of her backpack up further onto her shoulder before she pushed off of the road once again, gaining speed as her worn converse met the body of her painted board once again. Harrison Bear, a quiet boy just happened to be walking past as the girl skated down the road, a smile adorning his lips as he nodded to her before 'accidentally' knocking the trash can onto the road and into the path of the sheriff's vehicle.

Seeing the small wooded area of the town, a smirk crossed the girls face as she kicked her board up to her hand, running into the woods and away from the car that would put her right back into a jail cell. Branches pulled at her hair as she ran, the voice of the Sheriff following her through the woods. "Samantha Fitzherbert, I need you to stop running." Looking back to the faint shadow of the sheriff, she whispered a small "no chance" to herself before running further into the woods. A distant light made her smile slightly as she saw the hidden mansion of her friend. Not many people knew that he was there, he barley ever visited the town, one person who did was Samantha. They had met when she was running from Graham, and she quite literally bumped into the man. He had smiled at her and let her hide in his giant house before going to check if the sheriff had disappeared. From that moment, he had set up a tree that she could hide in, one with a branch for her to sit in and a basket of food for her to eat depending on how long she would be waiting.

So, that's where Sam was headed, to her tree shelter. Stashing her board under the roots she began to climb, glancing back to see no Sheriff insight. Slouching back onto the trunk, a sigh of relief left her lips as she rubbed her face, taking the backpack from her lap and unzipping it. The tiara she had stolen from Mr Gold's shop stared up at her and knowing she wouldn't be able to keep it for long she took her phone out of her pocket whilst placing the tiara onto her head. A couple of selfies later, she smiled before placing the tiara back in her bag and seeing what her friend had left for her.

A jar of Peter Pan peanut butter and Star-shaped crackers looked up at her as she laughed slightly whilst shaking her head in the direction of his home as if he could see her. Then she began to eat the little power-up snack before preparing to run off once again, to sneak back home. As Samantha jumped down from the tree, retrieving her board and running off back into the town of Storybrooke, a shadow of a boy emerged from a tree floating in the air and watching her leave before it flew back towards her and returned to the darkness of buildings once more.

The tiara Sam held was placed nicely in front of Mr Gold's shop, tied in a green bow. She had begun walking away before a hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the sheriff's car. "Gotcha, this is the second time this month Sam!" Sheriff Graham said as he closed the door to the driver's seat and started to drive to the station. "no, this is the second time you've caught me." She corrected, her signature Fitzherbert smirk on her lips as she looked into the rearview mirror and began to pull the leaves from her hair.

"now, you have to share a cell with Leroy here, so no funny business," he said as Sam was uncuffed and put into the cell, allowing her to sit next to her slightly intoxicated friend. A signature handshake was completed before Sam turned to see an unconscious woman in her usual cell, a red leather jacket wrapped around her body. "who's she?" Sam asked the Sheriff as he glanced to her before looking back at his paperwork, "She is a person who has been arrested, now shush." Rolling her eyes, Sam moved to sit next to the bars facing Graham. "hey, hey, hey, Graham, heyyyy." she whined hoping to wind him up as a smirk filled her face. "what is it Fitzherbert?" he asked as he stood, "can you phone my brother, please." He looked to her with a glare on his face causing her to raise her arms in surrender before moving back towards the bed to sit beside Leroy.

"well, I have sheriff duties to attend, stay here although you can't really go anywhere," Graham said before leaving through the door. "Hey, Leroy?" Sam asked, her head rested on the man's shoulder, "Yes princess?" he returned, looking down at her tired form before smiling and moving to sit on the floor, "no I ain't sleeping tonight, have the bed." he continued as Sam lay down fully, finally able to sleep after a tiring escape.

Blinking her eyes open slowly, Samantha soon remembered that she was in the cells once again. She turned to ask Graham if her brother had arrived yet but stopped when she saw Marco and Peter, his apprentice, in his place. "Hey, Marco, Pete, how you guys been?" Smiling toward the girl they stopped their work before moving toward the cell, "I have been doing well darling, your brother is worried about you, by the way, do not worry I will tell him you are here soon." Marco spoke as Peter ran up behind him, pushing his glasses up his nose, "oh, and Gold thanks you for returning the Tiara." A smile and a nod were shone toward Peter Atlas, a geeky boy with freckles and glasses that had a habit of falling down his nose before Sam turned to look at the still unconscious woman next door. "COCK A DOODLE DOO" She shouted into her cupped hands, causing the woman to awaken.

Her head turned towards Sam and Leroy's shared cell as Sam gave her a devilish smile and Leroy stared at her with a stone face, "What are you looking at, sister?" he asked only to be scolded by Marco, "Hey, Leroy. Manners. We have a guest, so you are Henry's mother?" he said walking towards her cell as Samantha looked to the blonde in shock, "how lovely for him to have you back in his life." Marco continued as Sam started to play with the laces on her shoes. "actually, I was just dropping him off." A scoff came from beside Sam and as she looked to Leroy with a raised eyebrow she became extremely offended, "don't blame ya, they're all brats, who needs 'em?" With widened eyes, Sam directed her voice towards the man before looking away, "Shut up you codfish! Kid's are cool, they don't have any responsibility!" Shaking his head at Sam and Leroy's usual antics, Marco stopped drinking his coffee and looked towards all three arrestees, "Well, I'd give anything for one. My wife and I, we tried for many years, but, uh- it was not meant to be." "Well, cry me a river." Leroy said, not caring at all about Marco and his wife's sadness, this caused Sam to smack his knee before Sheriff Graham came to take them both out, "Leroy, Samantha, I'm going to let you both out. You need to behave and no stealing from anywhere. Both of you put on a smile and stay out of trouble." He said as he opened the door and the two freed citizens both gave him exaggerated smiles before leaving, Sam picking her skateboard up along the way.

Leaving the station, Sam gave Leroy a wave goodbye as she said her ever so famous words of goodbye to him, "See you next week L, I'll bring a hidden snack next time!" He gave her a small smile before leaving. "oh Princess, what did you steal this time?" Came the voice of Eugene Fitzherbert, Samantha's brother. "Oh you know, just stole a tiara, I gave it back!" She said as she walked toward him before they linked arms and began their walk towards their small home. "good to have ya back, sister." he said ruffling Samantha's hair before she pushed him away slightly and began to skate off shouting behind her as her hair blew in the wind, "RACE YA!"