{The Friends}

As soon as Samantha had gotten to the shared home of the Fitzherbert siblings, she jumped up onto the dumpster and climbed through her open bedroom window. Her window was always open, to Sam it just felt like a necessity as if something needed the window to be open to watch  over her.   She immediately placed her board on the wall, displayed with the others, the designs of stars, teacups and a map staring at her from the three skateboards she owned. Turning to look at the walls in her room whilst leaning back on a desk, Sam smiled, this was a lot more comfortable then the cell she had just spent a night in. Posters adorned the walls as well as old vinyl records that she had found in a charity shop.

Then there were her beds. Two of them sat on either side of the room, first there was the bigger bed, with green and red tulle hanging from the ceiling and surrounding it with fairy lights that glimmered like the millions of stars in the sky, a yellow bear sat on top of her pillow, wearing a red shirt, a pot of honey next to them. The other bed wasn't really much of a bed, it was more of a hung piece of fabric with pillows inside of it. The hammock hung right beside the window, allowing Sam to lie in it at night and look up at the stars, or stare at the clock in the town centre, the clock that hadn't moved in all of her time here.

A knock on the door startled the girl as she jumped slightly before turning to see her older brother leaning up against the door, he was only older then her by 2 years and as she was approaching the age of 25, meaning that he was 27, neither of them had a proper job other then Sam's part time gig at Granny's. That was why they lived a life of crime, stealing anything they could get their hands on. When Eugene normally keeps his finds and sells them to get more money, Samantha normally only kept the food and a bit of money, always giving the more expensive objects like the stolen tiara back to the original owner.

"you get a discount at work, don't you?" Eugene asked as Sam turned to look out of her window, at the small diner across the street. "yeh, I do and Ruby always gives us bigger portions then she's meant too." Smiling to herself, Sam went and sat in the window, before turning to look at her brother, a smirk on her face "See you there." she said before dropping from the window and landing down on the path below.

The bell above the door rang as the black haired girl entered, her grey eyes surveying the room searching for her best friend, eyes passing over the heads of her two friends Harrison and Peter. Finding her behind the counter, Sam went and sat in front of her whilst saving a seat next to her for her brother to sit. Ordering a bacon sandwich and a coffee Sam finally ate. It had been a full night since she had eaten and to say she was hungry was an understatement. Once she had finished and payed for everything, including two extra cups of tea, she left, headed in the direction of her friends mansion in the woods.

Walking up the stairs, the door opened before she even had the chance to knock and there he stood. Smiling down at Samantha with a wide grin causing her to hurry her ascent and enter the house through the big door. As she sat and handed her friend his cup, a bigger grin adorned his face noticing that his friend had brought him his favourite drink, tea. "So, Hatter what do you want to do?" Sam said as she sunk into the material of the sofa. "I don't know lost girl, maybe we could just watch a movie like we always do?" he replied as Samantha grinned at the nickname, although she did not fully understand why he give it to her, so with that he stood and put Peter Pan on the screen, slightly hoping that it would make the girl remember.

The credits of Alice in Wonderland were rolling, and as her friend glared at the screen, Samantha lay with her head rested on his shoulder, soft dreams of far away places filling her mind. The man smiled down at her as he moved her to lay down carefully before he moved over to look out of his window. The darkness of the sky mirrored the blindness of the townspeople as he glared down at the clocktower that had stayed on 8:15 since they had arrived in this place without magic. However, that night something was different. Something had changed and as the clock hand ticked down to 8:16, He knew.

And with a smile growing on his face he turned to look at the sleeping girl before looking back out of the window as he whispered "curiouser and curiouser" to himself.