Chapter 15, The Tour Part 1

Steven was the first out, running into the building, followed by the rest of everyone. The driver sped the tram off, and inside they saw a few people wandering around, and one waiting.

They went into a huge, massive room, with a spiral staircase all the way up to a second floor they could see in its entirety. There was a massive skeleton of a brontosaurus - or what Steven thought was a brontosaurus - standing prominently in the middle of the room. Several hallways branched off in all sorts of directions, lit with blue and black signs telling where they went, contrasting against the sterile white walls.

A tall dark skinned woman, with long black braided hair and wearing a green shirt, an orange vest, and a pair of cargo shorts held up by a belt containing all sorts of tools. A walkie talkie, a rope, a machete, and several satchels with unknown things in them. She also wore a broad ranger hat, presumably to keep the sun out of her brown eyes.

"Hello. This is the tour?" She asked.

"Yes!" Chester said, wobbling back and forth a bit in excitement as we led the group in. "Everyone, this is Orenda Smith. She's the Game Warden of Daniels International Dinosaur Reserve, a sweet and sharp individual, very good with animals, very good. She'll be telling us all about the animal as we make our way through the various exhibits."

"Wait, a woman takes care of the dinosaurs?" He asked.

Dr. Noh, the ugly freak, stepped forward and waved her hands, "Yes, of course! Orenda is very good at this exact sort of thing, that's why we chose her."

Chester glared at Steven, a glare he understood meant he had to shut up.

"Yes, son. She is very good. Let's be polite to the staff here, hm?"

Steven nodded in the affirmative. Orenda gave him a weird look, and waved her hand. "Alright, let's get started, then."

Chester frowned almost immediately at this. "What, you don't want to introduce yourself further? Get to meet the guests?" He asked.

Orenda pinched her nose and faced the group again.

"I already know you, Alexandra, and Noh. Who are the rest of you?"

Mom finally lowered her phone long enough to respond to what was going on, but she didn't turn it off, allowing Steven to catch a glimpse of a message to her friend Stephanie.

"Wow, could you be any more rude? You're supposed to be guiding us on a tour of this place and you're acting so rude!"

Orenda squeezed her nose harder, a red mark appearing on it as she let out a breath. "Right, okay. I apologize. Please, introduce yourselves."

"I'm Derek Jetters. You might have heard of me." He said, cocking a familiar eyebrow.

Orenda looked him over. "Oh. OH. You're that actor. I've heard good things, glad to have you on board."

Michael stepped forward, extending a hand to her. "Michael Geiger. We've spoken through email, nice to finally meet you in person."

"The same," Orenda responded, a warm smile coming over her face.

"Myrtle Dreyfus. Professor of Philosophy and Ethics." She said, giving a gentle curtsy.

Orenda nodded, returning the curtsy in kind. "Glad to have you here. I hope you find everything we're doing on the up and up."

Myrtle smiled, "I'm sure you're doing a wonderful job."

He saw her flick her eyes towards Noh for a moment. A quick one, but a definitive one.

"Thank you, Professor. I'm sure you'll be hap-"

"Ashton Briggs," said the news man interrupting. "Wolf News. Here to get the scoop on the dino park."