3: The Campus Star

CHAPTER 3
[ The Campus Star ]

Aurora

Birds tweeting and perching from one tree to another, rays of golden light with pecks of dust on it marching towards the sky, fresh vibrant green lawn, and icy breeze greeted me as soon as I went out of our wooden gate.

Holding my bike, I wandered my eyes to see more of the misty nature. Just how blessed I am to spend my morning in this place?

I woke up radiantly earlier. Not that there was really something grand and special that happened nor will be happening ahead of the day. I only got to binge watch barbie movies in my room last night. I don't know why but it fueled me with rich dopamine this morning.

"Aurora!" I heard my mother's shout straight from the house.

"Yes, mom?!" I shouted back.

"You forgot your lunch!"

I stationed my bike near the fence, hurriedly went straight to the kitchen, and placed my lunch box inside my bag. When I proceeded back to the gate, I saw a little girl in pigtails standing next to my bike.

She's wearing pink tinted glasses, strawberry shortcake hat, pink rain rubber boots, pink shirt and pink shorts. She also wears butterfly silver earrings and a necklace! She reminds of Kathleen, one of the little princesses in Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses, except for the red hair.

She's staring at me like an inspector with her arms crossed.

I smiled at her. "Pinky?" I said as I lowered my head to face her. I'm guessing she's between 5-6 years old.

"No. Liana," she said in a very tiny and sweet voice. I raised a brow at her. "Pinky's the name of my puppy," she randomly uttered.

"Oh," I said.

I actually did not mean to guess her name. I was casually giving her a nickname based on her looks, but well.

"She's not here," she said pertaining to her puppy.

I looked side by side. "Then, where is she?"

"I'm searching for her," she said.

"Alone?" I softly asked and once again roamed my eyes around to search for any adult figure. Liana nodded as a response. I crouched so I can talk to her closer. "Do you want me to help you look for your puppy?"

I'm assuming she's having a morning walk with her puppy. As an early preschooler, I understand that she's having a naughty, curious, and independent behavior. No wonder why she's alone this early.

"No. I want your bike," she said while pointing her lips toward the bike.

I chuckled. "As much as I want to play with you, Liana, I need it to go to school," I compassionately said.

Her lips twitched and her brows narrowed. She vehemently shook her shoulders and stamped both of her feet.

"Pleaaaasee?" She cooed.

"Aww, I'm sorry, Liana. I'll let you play with it next time, okay?" I assured her.

"No! I want it now!" She insisted, still stamping her feet on the ground.