Part Two

Ricky walked into the house, with his skate under his arm, after skating for a while around the block. It was already night time, and somehow, skating at night always calmed him down. It was the only time he could be with himself.

"Okay grandma, thank you I promise I will...." Nini was sitting on the couch, talking into her phone "Okay, bye love you" She hung up. Ever since the day Ricky moved there, Nini was finally feeling better - she spend as much time in her bedroom, and finally went out for walks or to do groceries. Sometimes, both her and Ricky would go out for a smoothie just to relax and chat. They got along pretty well, and talked all day as if they had been friends for long. Both Nini's mums were very grateful for how Ricky made their daughter feel a whole lot better, specially when he made her laugh or smile.

Ricky walked towards Nini "Talking to your grandma?"

Nini looked at him, before nodding "Yeah, I was.." Ricky sits down next to her "I love talking to her.. it's always easy to talk to her, you know? She just.. understands me, she gives the best advice and it just feels nice."

"I get it.. honestly, no one in my life understands me. I mean Big Red is the best friend I could ever ask for, but we're different. And if I'm being honest, the only person that I feel like that with is you." Ricky reveals, looking at her, waiting for her response.

She looks away, smiling. Hearing that was comforting and made her feel less useless. It was sweet of Ricky.

Ricky smiles too, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I uh.. I was just wondering" Nini speaks up after a few seconds in silence, changing the subject "Do you play too or something?"

"Uhh sort of? I can play a few instruments and I sing sometimes too." He tells her, shyly.

"That's so cool, just like me! We need to sing together sometime soon"

"Yes, maybe one day..." He changes his expression to a confused one "Wait.. How do you know?"

"Uhh.. I may or may not have found your guitar. Under the bed I mean." She confesses, looking up at him.

"Were you snooping around my room?" Ricky asks chuckling.

"No! I mean maybe- I was just- I heard this sound coming from your room- okay yes I was. Just a little bit though!"

Ricky bursted out laughing... Nini was so cute, specially considering she was curious enough to go through his stuff, to know more about him. He wasn't mad, he was glad in a certain way.

"That is a whole invasion of privacy Miss Nini" Ricky jokes, making Nini laugh and push his shoulder playfully. Only Ricky stole the best smiles from her face, and once again, she forgot about all of her problems when talking to him.

"And for how long have you been doing music?" Nini asks once they stop laughing.

"Quite a few years, like ever since I was younger... It's my whole life. Music is my biggest passion. Anytime, any damn time I feel down, or even happy, music is my way of expressing myself, and of letting all of this inside of me come out. That way I share what I feel with those who are listening to me."

"Wow.. deep" Nini comments, making them laugh. "Nah, but seriously, that is very sweet. Music makes me feel that way too... It's my medicine."

"Yeah...Anyways, uh.." Ricky changed the subject "What was that song about? The song you were singing the first day we met, in your bedroom. A certain heartbreak maybe?"

That moment, Nini came back to reality, and the pain that had once been in her heart came back all at once, invading her body as if it were wind.

How did he know? She didn't exactly want him to know about the whole situation with Ej, and nor did she want him to see her weak side.