Forgotten?

As Katara walked through the hallways of the school, she kept looking out for her boyfriend Aang, who seemed to be missing the entire morning, even durng assembly time. That was unusual for him, as he would normally be the first one here, and they would go to the cafeteria and talk or engage in...other activities.

Katara blushed as she remembered the time her brother Sokka had accidentally come upon Aang and

her making out in the pavilion near the classrooms. Aang had to hide from him for the entire day to avoid being killed.

Where is he? Fine time to go missing. On my birthday too. Katara thought miserably to herself. On her past few birthdays, Aang had made a special point to do something exciting and fun for her every year, no matter how busy he was. That was one of the reasons she loved him so much, because he was the sweetest guy she knew.

She went for another walk around the school, trying to spot him among the crowds of people entering the school, and those chatting in the cafeteria. Maybe he's sick or something! As she sighed and turned around, the bell rang, but she heard someone call her name.

"Katara!"

She turned around in excitement, recognizing the voice. She saw Aang run to the gate huffing, but suddenly her brother Sokka closed the gate in front of him.

"Sokka! Let him in!" Katara demanded. Just because he was a "student leader', as he liked to emphasize to her, he was sometimes a jerk.

"Sorry, Katara, your boyfriend came in late, so he has to go for detention," Sokka smirked, before his girlfriend Suki, who was also on the prefectorial board, came up behind him.

"Don't be such a jerk, Sokka, he's only a few seconds late." Suki said, opening the gate.

"Suki!" Sokka whined.

"Thanks Suki, I owe you one," Katara said, as she grabbed Aang's hand, and they quickly rushed to their classroom.

"So, care to tell me why you were late?" Katara asked Aang.

"Um...I overslept today." Aang sheepishly said. Katara frowned in confusion.

"I thought you were always a light sleeper." Katara said.

"I was up last night rushing homework," He said as he yawned. "Sorry if you were lonely this morning."

"Its fine." Katara kissed him on the cheek.

XxX

Throughout the entire duration of first period, Katara kept looking for some kind of hint that Aang wanted to celebrate her birthday with her, but he didn't drop anything. Unlike the past few years, where he

would hint it to her numerous times, making her so anxious to see his surprise she would literally run out of school the minute the bell rang in excitement. Did he forget? Katara asked herself again and again.

During break, as she walked round the school with Aang just enjoying his presence, she was done asking herself, and decided to ask him.

"Um...Aang?"

"Yeah Katara?"

"Do you...do you know what day it is today?"

"Er...Tuesday right?" He replied. Upon seeing her distraught face, he quickly changed his answer.

"Uh...no Wednesday!" He said. "Katara, what's wrong?" He asked, seeing that she was looking hurt.

"It's nothing, Aang." Katara replied, trying to keep any hurt out of her voice. She didn't want him to arrange some last-minute event for her. The best part of having a surprise from Aang was knowing that he had put his best effort into what he had done for her.