CHAPTER FIVE

"I can't stay away. I'm sorry"

I was left appalled after opening the door. He didn't even wait for me to see him properly before throwing that bomb on me. I quickly glanced around to ensure that no one was watching before pulling him inside.

"Are you crazy? " I asked exasperated, throwing my hands up in the air for exaggeration.

"I know Aella I know you told me to stay away. But what kind of man would I be if I left you alone knowing that you were in danger? "

I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration, refusing to believe that this guy was being for real.

"A smart one. You would've been a smart man if you did what I said. A target is on my back and I don't want one on yours too. What is so hard to understand about that Mason? " I asked in genuine concern. Blindy could've seen him come in here fir all I know.

"Aella I can help you" Hs insisted, taking a step closer to me. "I couldn't sleep knowing that a woman's life is in danger when there's something I could've done to help. Let me show you something "

He walked towards my couch and sat carefully before pulling a laptop from his bag. That's when I noticed that he showed up at my apartment, and nobody but Shanae knows where I live.

"How did you find me? " I questioned with squinted eyes as I stood firmly in front of him.

He looked up from his laptop for a second then turned it around to show me. I was left shocked at what I saw. That type of software not even I understood.

"I'm a master at this stuff and I hope your not mad that I practically invaded your privacy, but I found you with this. " He explained, causing me to have a mini panic attack.

"What else did you find about me?" I asked a little too fast and snappy, completed gaining his attention.

"Nothing" He replied quickly, raising his hands in surrender. "I only searched for how to find you. I didn't want to invade your privacy anymore than I did. But come on you have to see this "

Reluctantly, I sat beside him and watched as he typed away on his laptop. I would be lying if I said I wasn't impressed.

"Here. Yesterday when I was in your car, I saw a number squiggled down on a piece of paper."

"A liscence plate number " I confirmed, remembering how much I searched for the stupid paper last night.

"Yes well I took it" He said and I growled. "And before you get mad, I assumed it had something to do with the guy that was after you, so I ran the number on my database" He added quickly.

"Well guess what computer genius, I already did that yesterday before you saw me and I already got what I needed. "

"Did you? " He challenged, making me raise an eyebrow at him. "I am not surprised that you are a tech genius but I may have something that can help you more. See right here "

He pulled up something on his screen that got me shocked. It was him, it was Blindy and all his information.

"The vehichle belongs to an Eric James. He lives a few miles out of town and-"

"He has a wife and a kid" I ended for him after reading that was on the screen. "How did you get this? The most I can do with a licence plate numbers is find where they are registered to. "

"Like a company or something? "

"Yea like a company or something if it even is registered with one. I was lucky this one was. But this is great, this will make it better" I bit my lip excitedly as I read over his file.