Part One

"Rob?"

"Roooob!"

Gumball called out for the guy who just almost obliterated him after Gumball ejected him into the void.

He looked around whilst frantically hoping onto different broken rock parts of the void before spotting him.

"Rob!!"

Rob turned his head to look at the muddled blue cat. 

"What are you doing here?" Rob said with a clear pain in his voice.

Gumball called out to him. "I came to rescue you!"

Rob swiftly picked himself off and exclaimed. "WHY? this is where my story ends! I belong here with the rest of the universes mistakes!" "Like socks and sandals" Gesturing to a sock in a sandal. "The helicopter ejector seat" Gesturing to a peculiar helicopter drifting in the void. "And whatever that thing is" A strange large creature let out an elephant like sound.

There was a moment of silence before Rob spoke up. " I want to be here. I deserve to be here. So leave me alone!" Rob took a step back before getting back down onto his knees then placing himself over the edge of the platform he was on.

"I don't want to go back there ill screw everything up again."

Rob closed his eye.

"You have your amazing world, Gumball"  "You have family, friends, a girlfriend, EVERYTHING."

He opened his eye.

"What more could you ask for?"

Gumball could hear the agony in his voice as he tried to keep himself together.

There was a brief awkward silence between the two before Gumball decided it WOULD be best to just leave him, but the guilt of knowing he left the guy with no friends or family would consciously taunt him from now till death.

"I am not leaving without you!" Gumball yelped out as he lunged from the platform he was stood on to the one Rob was on.

He steadily landed and walked over to Rob who was slouched over with his legs dangling over the void.

Gumball stood there uneasily and kind of studied the cyclops before zoning back in and crouched down before Rob. 

"Did I not make it clear enough that I want to be left alone."

Gumball didn't answer but simply perched down next to him, also dangling his legs, but then immediately decided crossing his legs would be better.

There was temporary quietness which could have felt like an eternity but it was actually at least 30 seconds.

Rob broke the silence. "The world is so colourful."   "Then there's me who's grey, unnatural and I don't even belong out there. That's why I like it here. No one who can judge you. Nothing that's bright and taunting that makes you stand out and get judged for."

He let out an audible sigh before placing his head into his hands.

"I know how you feel Rob." " When the whole world feels like its shut you out like some kind of birthday party that everyone else has been invited too but not you."

Gumball then turned his head slightly to Rob.

"But of course I couldn't compare that to you. I'm sorry Rob." He looked down at the floor. "I'm sorry for getting you into this, heh." He chuckled a little, but in a type of guilty-sad way.

Rob just buried his head into his hands further before grunting frustratingly and clenching his fists. The sound took Gumball by surprise for second but didn't think much of it.

But soon after Rob began yapping and yapping like an angry chihuahua that's been let out of a cage. "WHY ARE YOU APOLOGISING LIKE THAT? DON'T YOU SEE, GUMBALL. I'M A MISTAKE. BECAUSE OF. YOU. YOU MADE ME OUT THIS WAY, THIS "APOLOGY" WAS LONG, LONG OVERDUE!" He looked at Gumball who looked at him in pure fright. Gumball could feel tears forming but didn't want them to fall because he would look very stupid and silly.

"I am so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, sooo sorry Rob." 

Gumball started speaking again with desperation to keep himself together straight.

"I made a mistake by not apologising earlier. And even I don't like to own up for my mistakes, so uh,  ah yeah I'm really really sorry Rob. I am an idiot." He got quieter and quieter as he spoke which Rob couldn't understand but just went along with it. Gumball didn't feel like himself. No one had ever seen him this apologetic and sincere. 

Rob unclenched his fists and relaxed himself. It was good to get out his anger but he realised he just let it out on some 12 year old kid with weird self esteem issues. Not a good look.

Gumball by now had started tearing up he hated the feeling of crying but felt like crap after Rob screamed at him like that. He let out sniffles, which wasn't intentional, or to make Rob feel bad but he couldn't keep himself together, he was like a falling gingerbread house.

Rob placed his hand on the cat's shoulder as sort of a comforting motion but it made Gumball flinch plus it was kind of awkward.

"Uh, sorry for shouting at you, you didn't deserve that." "Are you okay though?"

Gumball turned around to Rob and put on a smile. "I'm fine Rob! Look at me happy as can be! Life is great y'know, everyone is so amazing and so am I, I mean have you SEEN my skateboard skills! ahaha." After saying that in one breath Gumball once again burst into tears, now bawling into his sleeves trying to grasp for air. Rob took his hand off of him before shuffling nearer to Gumball to place his arm around him. Gumball just looked up with tears and snot dripping from his face, he looked disgusting as heck but Rob still tried to comfort him the best way he could.