Chapter 2: Prodigy

"She's the prodigy!" I heard faint whispers of kids. I knew they were judging me secretly. Heaven knows what their stories held. 

        "This way, Ella!" a tall, slender individual called.

        His name tag said Principle Tatum Reynolds. I walked over to him. He smiled at me.

        "Nice to meet you, Ella. I'm sure you can guess my name." he stated pointing to his name tag.        

        "Yes." I replied, following him into the office.

        "That's a lovely accent you have there, where are you from?" he asked.

        "New Zealand. And, thank you. I lived there all of my life. I plan to move back there some day." I stated.

        "With all do respect, I don't know why your parents would have you move from a warm paradise to a cold snowy country." he smiled.

        I nodded and added "My brother and I wonder the same thing."

        "Jasper Morris, right?" he asked pulling out my brother and I's files.

        "The one and only. He is also 17." I said.

        For a couple minutes, Principle Tatum Reynolds read over my file and his brown eyes popped. Sarcastically!!

        "Your a prodigy! Stunning! So is your brother! I've never had prodiges in my school ever in my life!" he declared in amazment, "Beat that Gary!" he yelled.
        "Pardon me, Gary is a principle at the other high school." he stated trying to hold laughter, unlike me and I blurted out in laughter.

        "Sorry, Mr. Reynolds." I said.

        "No worries, Ella." he assured me.