Chapter One - Boarding School

I'm better off alone anyway. 

My parents don't want me, so now I am going somewhere I don't know. They said they're sending me to some boarding school. I know its mean, but i regret nothing. I was a shy yet trouble maker in my old school, just because I move doesn't mean I will change my attitude. I didn't have friends either...

I am an outcast.

To brighten things up, I am an fourteen year old outcast named, Ella Horanwell. 

 As the car I'm in runs up a big mansion's driveway, I clutch the bracelet my aunt gave to me before I left, and I remember the exact words and the tone she had said it when the bracelet fell in my hands. 

"Your parents do love you, but this is for the sake of your future and the rest of the world's."

And I had said, "That's because I'm leaving." She shook her head in disagreement. 

"Take this bracelet and it will help you." She then took my hand and opened it for me. 

"It looks quite expensive." I tried giving it back to her.

"But it is from my heart. Your parents and I saved the money for it's cost. Guard it like it's your life."

I had then said I loved her, but I never said it to my parents as meaningful as I said it to my aunt. 

A guy in a black suit opened the door for me and I finally wore the red bracelet. I settled my duffel bag down on the cold ground and closed the car door. My long coat got caught and assuming the man thought I was clumsy, he took my bag instead. As both of us walk the marble stairs and rang the door bell, I close my coat because of the biting air.

A mysterious lady opens the door and looks at me head to toe, and better yet looking straight into my eyes making me nervous to even breathe. "AH! Ella Horanwell! Welcome!" She grabs my arm and drags me around the hallways. Passing every working area on the first floor. "You will learn, sleep, eat, and live here." She said with a freakish smile. I nodded slightly and kept looking around, moving my wrist here and there hoping she would let go.

"Oh sorry!" She exclaims and loses grip, "I tend to hold people tightly." I was speechless... I couldn't possibly think she read my mind, it must've been the struggling... As the somewhat looking twenty-five year old women talks and points out some parts of the building, I can't help but notice the guy in the black suit (behind us) having a look like 'I've heard it all before' and that the woman has odd black-ish purple-is hair, a pointy nose, big eyes, and is very chubby... The thing that's most distracting is her nose, and as of thinking of it, I try not to laugh.

The building looks very old inside but had modern technology, the things that bring out the bad in the school is the bricks and the ceiling, they are very old looking here in the 21st century. There are about six floors yet five buildings of it separated. From the outside it looks like a mansion.

"You will have a meeting with the principle tomorrow, it was nice talking to you Ella. If you need me, yell, 'Ms. Penderson!' or just ask where I am. Here is your room key," she hands me a charm that is a trident. "What? This isn't a key..." I look at it closely and looks back at her. "Everyone here has a special key, in this case, yours is a charm, to you know, put on your bracelet."

 "Okay..."

I really don't know how she knew I was going to wear a bracelet this day, maybe my aunt called and told her.

"I will leave you up til here, you may bring your bag and find your room." The man dropped my bag and when i turned around they were no longer there... With a deep sigh I walk to anywhere.

I pass by several doors and studied the charm. It had said '713' in fancy writing, so I'm guessing that was the room number. Several boys and girls stare at me, and I could care less. How can I honestly find my room when i only saw the first floor of the main building? Two sets of buildings on each side and the main building in the middle. Possibly a garden in the center of the buildings, judging by looking out the window. Yeah, i can totally find my room in a few minutes.

I went up to the second floor and I have a feeling people think I'm lost... Well now I kind of do care, and this is embarrassing, but it could've been worse... For the first time I saw a person coming towards me.

"Excuse me, can you tell me where room 713 is?" To my surprise it was like the man passed through my body and I felt a great impact, I fell to the ground feeling like jelly, hand on my chest. I turn my head around to just see the man walk away.

"What... just happened?" No one else filled the hallway except for me, possibly the students were with friends or in their rooms since its Saturday. Even when I first came here i had an eerie sense of this school, as I thought that, chills came down my spine. I couldn't process the thought of the man passing my body. 

"Are you okay?" A girl thats a lot like a fifteen year old teenager asked me. I shake my head in reply but couldn't really answer. She lended her hand out to me, but I felt like I didn't know what to do with it. Other than that, I gave my hand to her, she helped me up my feet and I pushed myself too, not to give too much weight for her to carry.

I stood up and said, "um, thanks.."

"No problem." She started to walk away, I know its none of my business to stop her but I had to. "Um, sorry, I know you might be heading somewhere else but could you please tell me where room 7-" she cut me off.

"Oh sure! I mean, this school is huge and there's like a bunch of floors and rooms, so yeah sure!" She said. "So do you want to fly up the stairs?" 

"Excuse me?" I say in the non-offensive way. "Oh..from your clothes I can tell you're new, I bet you can't either, should've known. Anywaaayy!" We walk up hundreds of stairs, literally.. I couldn't feel my legs at the end. 

After the steps I asked her, "What did you mean about flying?" We then turn right and saw another hall with a lot of doors. "Nothing. Silly you, I was just kidding around... Here is the way to your room, I have to go now, bye!" She ran back to the stairs and I held my bag tightly, looking for room 713. Well it should be here, the sign on the wall with arrows pointing at my direction said,

"Rooms 700-720 ----->"