Chapter Two - My Roomate

At least she looked normal. 

Brown hair, brown eyes, peachy skin... Most likely human.

What kind of school is this? 

       I continue to look at the doors and then I saw my room. The problem is, there was no doorknob.

I laughed out loud, "You've got to be shitting me." I really hope this is a dream, even though I hate "home" and my parents were tired of me but I really do hope to wake up and find myself at my old bed. But I doubt it, considering that weird man incident... A lot of crazy things happening in one day and I don't have any explanation for it all. I tried knocking on the door, assuming someone is inside because as I pressed my ear to the door I heard loud music.

The charm.

       Alright... I pressed my wrist against the door. No click. Really? Why would I even believe it was a key? But maybe it is... How else would I get it? There isn't any doorknob. I frown. I tried to press the trident against the left side of the door. No click. The right side. No click. Do I have to say something? "Hi?" No click. "Abracadabra?"  No click. I got so hopeless I hit the door with the charm and it swung in... Along with me.

    I look up from the floor and saw a girl dancing and singing. When the door hit the wall, she stopped at the bang. "I'm so sorry," I said from the floor, "I must be in the wrong room... I, uh, didn't mean to-" She had ignored what I said and responded, "Welcome fellow schoolmate!" People are awfully friendly here... I stood up to shake her hand. "I'm-" 

      "Ella Horanwell. And you are certainly not in the wrong room, can't you read? If you couldn't read the number, then you need glasses."  She commented. "I do have glasses, I just don't use them, and I saw the number clearly, I just didn't know you would be inside. How do you know me?"

 "Ms. Penderson said you would be my roommate."

Roommate. 

     I don't want a roommate. I don't know how to socialize, it's one of my talents. She will think I'm awkward and weird and just plain lazy because I am... I will not do the dishes. From the corner of my eye she turns the volume of the stereo down. "I'm Nash Cheshire." She threw up my bag over her shoulder and gestured me to follow her. The room was bigger than I thought, it was the living room I fell on and it was huge. Really huge. It was filled with bookshelves, lots and lots of bookshelves. Books everywhere. "I can see you read.." I told her as we kept walking. "Read every single one!" And I cant even finish a book in less then a year... How is this girl so... She's a book worm.

      "On our way to the kitchen!" She is also very energetic. Like Ms. Penderson but less creepy. She opened up the fridge and told me strictly, "This is my milk. Just to let you know, don't touch it."after closing it, she continued to walk and I continued to follow. The worst thing is, I like milk too. "This is the bedroom." It was a different scent and I don't know why. I sniffed the air violently until she laughed. "Different smell? Yeah.. that's my parents cologne." She nodded softly. "Oh... Well, when will they come to visit?" She looked down, "Possibly... never.."

"Why so?" She didn't want to look at me anymore, "It's complicated, you will learn soon, I don't think I can tell you... I need your trust." Well I dont think its appropriate to say 'you can trust me' at this moment now, because really, no one ever trusted me. "Okay... Maybe later or something?" I relaxed my body and got my bag from her and dropped it on the floor. 

     After a few minutes of awkward standing I went on another bed and just sat there. Yup, really good at socializing. She took out and started to read a really thick book on her bed. I tucked myself in the sheets and watched her read... I have nothing better to do anyway. "Um... Nancy?" She lifted her eyebrows and did a "hmm?" sound. "By the way, it's Nash."

"Right. Um, where's the bathroom?" I ask. "Right over there and she pointed to the right side of her bed. As she kept on pointing while concentrating on her book... The door slowly opened.

     "UH... GHOST. GHOST. GHOST!" I run over to Nash's side and tug on her shirt. "I'm really sorry, we're kind of still strangers, but I just experienced a strange ghost happening a few minutes ago before I came here." I hold onto her arm. She started to laugh at me again, "Don't worry, the ghosts here won't hurt, and look." The way she moved her finger was the same way the door was swinging back and forth. I let go and run back to my bed.

       "Why are you looking at me like- Ohhhhh! That's right! You didn't get the talk yet!!!" I stutter and try to answer her, "T-Talk? LIke the growing up talk? And what is that you're doing with your finger?" "Oh no...OKAY, Promise not to tell anyone, I exposed magic to you okay?" My eyes opened wide. "MAGIC?" I say. "MAGIC? AS IN, M-A-G-I-C?"

"Um... something like that. I have the power to read minds and control things, telepathy. I bet you haven't found out yours yet."

 "I-I should have powers?"

"Yeah this is kind of the school of gifted children. Stuff like that. Like movies! But real." She said with a big smile.

"No! This is some freakish dream!" I tried denying it in my head. She moved her finger and pointed at my hand, sending my hand to my face. "Well wake up, this is reality!!! You would've found out later, so no biggie!" I tried pulling my hand away from her force. "Stop doing that it's hurting me!" I said with a terrified face. "Oh, right. Sorry." She dropped her hand. ".....So.....you have powers... everyone here has powers?" She nodded. "Now I really need to..pee. Excuse me." I say.

After I was done doing my business in the bathroom, I looked at the mirror. And concentrated. Closing my eyes tight I tried breaking the mirror with my mind. "No... I don't have powers. Well how else would Nancy move that door, and my hand?" I thought. I went out the door. "So...Nancy-"

"It's Nash." She said with an annoyed face. "Sorry. Nash. So... do you know what my "powers" are?" "That's up to you." She replied. All up to me? If I had known what my powers are, surely I would be using it right now. How long have I been here anyway? 30 minutes or so? And I am supposed to believe we all have powers?

"For some reason, I can't read your mind. I know you're thinking about something because of you spacing out, but.... why the heck can't I read your thoughts?"  I shrug. "Don't ask me... I'm just a normal person."

"No you are not. Your parents might have the blood of some wizard or a specific power, that's why you are here."

"Yeah.." I said with a shaky voice, kind of scary. She stood up and put her book down on her bed. "Hmm, you know what? Let's go for a walk, shall we?" she asked. "As long as you don't hurt my face again, using that weird tele-bleh thingy..." I had said."I promise I won't."