Author's Note + Summary

So, hi. I'm pretty sure that not many people follow this story because I don't update. Truth be told, I've been losing interest in Webtoon due to schoolwork, as I've now started a higher level of education. Right now it's a break period, so I do have more time. However, writing this story is something I don't necessarily want to continue at this moment. I may one day come back to this story, but it seems unlikely. 

So instead, I'll write a summary of what I planned out. 

We've seen that Arlo has died and something seems different from John. Anya injected something into him before she was taken away by the authorities. Due to Volcan being Anya's mother, she picked up some tricks Volcan had, such as taking the ability out of one's body. She had taken Arlo's barrier ability out and injected it into John. I had wanted to insert some *Jarlo * , so Arlo had regained consciousness for a moment before he died and allowed Anya to remove his ability and requested it to be given to John. John now has two super-strong abilities, with one being permanent. So he doesn't even need to wait for someone else to activate their ability - he can just use Arlo's. 

The new superhero group consisting of the deck of cards(King: Blyke, Queen: Remi, Jack: Isen, Joker: John, Ace: Seraphina) is somewhat widely known, although most believe it to be fake due to the authorities never speaking out about it. 

Seraphina, being smart and all is a hacker for their team along with Isen(who's also good at finding information). They mostly work from the sidelines, due to Seraphina still having no ability and Isen being on the weaker side in their vigilante group. 

Blyke and Remi are the ones who go after most of the bad guys. They always have some cover, such as Remi dyeing her hair differently so that no one has the exact same answer. The authorities pretty much already know who's behind this, but they can't accuse with no concrete proof. Vague memories of an electricity ability are not enough to convict Remi. 

Finally, John. John goes out on the most dangerous missions and finds out about more corruption in the authorities. He collects a lot and tries to find concrete proof just like the authorities are doing. It's a matter of speed - who can find proof first and take down the other. 

John finds what he needs first, which are documents that show that EMBER was created by the authorities, all the reports of ability amping liquid distribution, and more. He doesn't really have a way to showcase this to the world though. So Isen and Seraphina hack into the TV program station that's about to air the most awaited movie series of the year to ensure that many people are watching. John presents all the information just in time before they lose control. 

With so much concrete proof, this causes an uproar in the community, consisting mainly of the high and elite tiers that believed that the authorities were just protecting them. EMBER's target was never low or mid-tiers, so they don't cause as much of a fuss. However, it's still large enough to cause a few authorities to speak out. They deny everything John has said with nothing to back them up, causing more protests. 

They were unable to track this back to their location, so they only place a bounty over John's head. People who formerly supported John now turned for the money. John sighs over all the corruption here. 

He and the highest few authorities finally face a battle with many watching them. During the battle, John releases all the anguish he had felt, such as when Keon used cruel ways during his rehabilitation, them murdering superheroes that were just trying to make the world a better place, and them causing the death Arlo. 

John wins and earns his pros and cons. The citizens no longer trust the authorities and are trying to create a less corrupt government with a looser hierarchy. John gets sent to prison for all the havoc he caused, but with so many people backing him, he expects to be released soon. 

John walks out of prison, unsure of where to go. That's when Seraphina shows up and rides in a cab with him. She congratulates him on everything he accomplished. And they can definitely feel something between them ;)

John occasionally thinks of Arlo, whose death opened his eyes even more and became the motivation he needed that wasn't baseless anger. He wonders if the authorities were purified earlier and the hierarchy wasn't such a big thing, they might have been not been enemies and become... acquaintances because "friends" would have been impossible. Maybe. 

Arlo, watching them(cause why not) smirks and says, "You've accomplished a lot John", even though he knows he cannot hear. Then, he departs with Rei, the only person he truly looked up to, and maybe the only person he truly loved this way. 

If anyone else wants to write this story, they're welcome to do so as long as you credit me(no one has to though - it's just there as a possibility)

Maybe one day I'll come back to it, but for now, thank you to everyone that read my series! I'm really sorry to say I will most likely not be coming back to it, but I hope you enjoyed what I had so far!

<3