Colourblind (Rifia)

Author's note at the end of each chapter.

"Fia, why are your clothes organized by colour?" Richard questions as he shuffles through Sofia's closet. There were also labels separating each section. The word 'Red' was written at the top of the first clothing section followed by 'Orange' 'Yellow' and so on.

"What the hell? Fia, why are your clothes labelled?"

"So I know which colour they are, dumbass."

Silence fills the room as Richard turns his head to face Sofia, who is currently lying in bed reading one of her romance novels. Noticing the silent boy, Sofia tilted her head to meet his eyes.

"..."

"I'm colourblind." Sofia said casually, realizing Richard was confused by her statement earlier.

"...You're colourblind?" Richard mutters in disbelief. He didn't know Sofia couldn't differentiate colours. He was curious. Whirlpools of thoughts swirl around in his mind , making him nauseous. Millions of questions threaten to spill from his tongue.

"Is that why you always wear such extravagant clothes?" Too late.

"Now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense..." His voice cuts through the quiet room.

"Your closet is full of dresses, I could hardly find a single T-shirt in there." He couldn't stop himself from saying his thoughts out loud.

"Most of your aesthetics are Fantasy, Lolita, Goth and Punk..." But, why is that?

"..."

"...Is it because they focus more on the details and designs of the clothing?"

There was a small pause before Sofia spoke.

"Well in my defence, it's hard to match outfits when every colour looks the same to me," Sofia pretended to be offended, glaring at Richard playfully.

Sofia, who knew Richard like the back of her hand, knew what he was implying. Sofia knew her taste in fashion wasn't great, but what was she supposed to do? She was born with achromatopsia, so might as well live with it. Sofia also likes what she wears, so screw what everyone else says. Though honestly her clothes were a bit complicated to wear and take off, it would be nice if they were more convenient to wear.

"Clean yourself up, we're leaving."

"...Where to?" Now it's Sofia's turn to be confused. What is that idiot suggesting?

"Shopping, I'll wait for you downstairs." Richard replied, determined to make Sofia the most fashionable girl this world has ever seen. He grins to himself, smiling as he walks down the huge staircase.

Sofia sighs and places a bookmark at the page she had left off. Out of the corner of her eye, she notices something hanging on her closet door. It was a simple dress, Richard probably picked it out for her to wear. If she had to guess, the dress is most likely pink.

"...Pfft-" She couldn't help herself, small chuckles escaped from her lips.

"You're such an idiot.." Sofia murmurs to herself, giggling slightly.

"...But you're my idiot"

AN

-So I like to imagine Sofia is colourblind. T-shirts are plain and boring to her because most of them looks the same to her. That could kind of explain why she likes fancy clothes lol.

-The nickname 'Fia' is basically derived from Sofia's name.

-Sentences in Italics are usually their thoughts.