.1

"Kayce ! Bitch hurry up" - Jade voice yelled.

Can you say stressed the fuck out . I thought moving would be fun . . NO ! Nothing about this whole process is fun right now . Why didn't we pay someone to move this shit for us !  Thank god this is the last trip up these damn stairs . And why the hell we decide to move in the winter !!

I sat the last box down letting out a deep breath .

"I'm tired as fuck ." I let out.

"That's only part one." She laughed . "We still got to unpack"

  I rolled my eyes and let my body fall back in the floor . Why do we have so much stuff . It's only me and my best friend . We didn't have this much stuff when we lived at home . Well at least it didn't seem like that .

  Jade . . My crazy ass best friend . We literally been friends since middle school, 7th grade to be exact . The yin to my yang . If we got in trouble for anything it was all her idea . Even though I'm not hard to convince lol . Two peas in a pod is what my daddy called us .

  This whole move was Jade idea to be honest . I always said i wanted to get out the city but across the country wasn't my idea . But who doesn't want to move to New York ?! When you want to seek fame it's the place . Not sure if Harlem was the right choice but shit we here with it . Even though Jade big cousin stay close by, the only reason we picked here .

  See Jade wants to be famous, really bad . Like she doesn't care how she gets there . She was always the star of the moment . Wasn't a  second that nobody wasn't focus on her . This FLY ass white girl, with the attitude to match . She has a really strong personality . Jade moved to Georgia when she was in the 6th grade, shorty came all the way from the west coast . Since then Jade had all the attention she ever wanted or needed .

   Then there's me little Kayce from the south side of Atlanta . I was always the shy and quiet one . I was until i met Jade lol . My main focus has and always will be SCHOOL . Don't get me wrong I'm not a party pooper, birds of a feather flock together right ? I'm just not as wild as shorty is . I don't mind being famous but for the right reasons . I'm really into fashion and that's kinda my calling . But until then nursing will do for ya girl . But now Jade . . . She has her mind set on dancing .

"Earth to Kayy!" She yelled .

Lost in my train of thoughts

"What hoe ?"

"Mya said she gone be here in 15 ."

   Mya . . . Now that's Jade big cousin who she worship . No dead ass . That's who put the big idea to move here to dance in her small little head . You heard me right dance . Apparently the clubs be popping here . She acting like ATL ain't known for the clubs or even Miami . She wanted to come to the cold ass state . Don't get me wrong i wanted to leave bad so i was with it .

"Tell her grab some food, i am starving !"

"Yo little ass always hungry man ." She laughed .

  Back to the basics, I'm Kayce Marie Jones. The only girl outta 3 kids, unfortunately i got 2 brothers . And of course i was my daddy little angel . I'll be 20 in a couple months, the big Aries season . Jade, who is younger then me will be 20 right behind me . Unfortunately she's a Gemini, the devil . But she's the only Gemini i can deal with sometimes . She can be too much to handle even for me lol . I know i talk about my friend a lot, shorty is my backbone literally . With the last year my life fell apart and she stood by side the whole time .

   I sat on the floor trying to put my tv stand together while Jade and her cousin was putting her room together . I have my phone plugged into my speaker playing Summer Walker . This girl speaks for me lol . At this point i just want to hook my tv up and go to bed . Driving to New York from Atlanta wasn't it . But we had to get our stuff here somehow . The first thing i put together was my bed frame, sleep is my first love . I'll rather have my bed together than anything else lol .

   Finally after putting the tv stand together and hooking up my tv . I plopped down on my bed letting out a sigh . Tired isn't even the word man . And i can't even rest tomorrow i have an interview set up . And boy do i need that job ASAP . I can say since Jade chose where we moved i made the game plan, i made sure we saved and had all the right ideas .  A whole summer of working our asses off paid off . . . So far lol .

"Kay, you don't wanna come down to club ?" Mya asked me standing in the door frame .

"Girl you know i wouldn't last a day ."

"You can be a bottle girl sisssss." Jade sung out

Mhm they been in there planning .

"Ion know bout that . I got a the job lined up for me."

"Mhm just know i can get chu in the door yo."

"Ms. Jones, you will be hearing back from us ." The manger said as we exited the room .

  Back home i worked as a pharmacy technician and with my experience i know i have the job here . Here i even get paid a little more than i did at home, thank god .

  It's so different here from home, the streets is busy . Everybody moving nonstop . Ima country girl and I'm used to slow pace and going at my own speed, I'll catch up tho . I like kinda like it here so far . The snow in the ground makes it's look soooo beautiful, even tho i hate the cold i can get used to this .

   I had my headphones in as i walked down the street towards my house . I'm pretty sure Jade still sleep, she went out with Mya last night to get a feel of the club before her audition . I told her i would come support her tonight . I ain't throwing no money but I'll be a moral support lol . Cant waste money we don't got yet . The club really ain't my scene, even tho i can dress for it . But being out ain't for me. I'll rather be at home reading, painting or even watching a movie . I'm the homebody friend . But between Mya and Jade that's gone be slow as fuck lol .

"Damn ma . How you doin' ?"

Is all i heard as i turned the corner . I kept it pushing like i ain't hear nobody . I walked up the stairs to our apartment . I grew up in the hood so I'm not fazed by the niggas chilling in front of the building or in the hallways . It is a little nerve racking being somewhere new tho . I politely walked pass everybody and enter my house .

  Quiet ! I love coming home to a house that smells good and is noise free . Call me an old lady but it's a great feeling . Even tho our living room empty right now it's still a great scene to look at . Give us a month and we'll be in action . I can promise that one .

  I walked into my room shutting the door and dressing out of my formal wear . I wrapped my hair up before laying down . Cause once i lay down i am not getting back up till it's time to get ready for tonight . I turned on Netflix on my phone and laid there till i fell asleep .

xxxx Kayce Marie Jones