CHAPTER 14

Once dinner was done me and Nora rounded everyone to eat and it was all pretty normal nothing special really happened just lots of conversation about what everyone did throughout the day when everyone was done we all decide to play a game of Pictionary.

 We split up into two teams; my team was me, EJ and his youngest brother Nathen. Then the other team was Mia, her dad and then her other younger brother Levi and Nora chose to be the judge and game conductor to keep us all in line. The game went on for maybe about an hour or two ending at about 8:30 at night with so many laughs and fun chaos. 

My team ended up winning (obviously) which resulted in some horrific victory dances by me and EJ caring Nathen between us giggling hysterically. After many victory dances and glares from the losing team Nora announced bedtime for the two youngest boys which was met with groans from all parties seeing as none of us wanted the fun family time to end. 

But once everyone excepted the inevitable fate that it was time for the little ones to go to bed Nathen from the couch asked out loud to the room in a small voice, "Can K read our bedtime story to us tonight?". 

I immediately looked up at Nora asking permission with my eyes as everyone else in the room quietly watched the scene before them slightly shocked by Nathen's question. Nora a little taken back herself responded with, "If she wants to and if it's okay with Levi". 

As she said this I looked over at Levi who at this point was practically jumping up and down rapidly nodding his head which made me laugh little. I gladly agreed to and put my arms out towards Nathen who was sitting on the couch signaling for me to pick him up. He basically claimed up into my arms and clung himself onto me so I had to put little effort into actually caring him. Then Levi launched himself at me and wrapped his arms quit aggressively around my waist which again caused me to laugh slightly.

When we all three piled into their small bedroom I sat myself on the ground in-between their two beds in front of their bookshelf. I turned to Levi and told him to pick what book to read and after he handed me a small book titled "Where The Wild Things Are" I grew a huge smile and leaned myself up against his bead which was closest to me as he jumped in it himself. 

"This was my favorite book as a kid" I said situating myself comfortably in a criss cross position. Nathen then climbed his way into my lap putting his head on my shoulder while his feet hang of the side of my leg. I read the book in my best animated story telling voices I could in the hopes to keep them engaged. 

By the time I was done Nathen was completely asleep in my lap with Levi barely holding his eyes open. I closed the book and carried Nathen over to his bed to tuck him in; I could see Nora watching me out of the corner of my eye as she was peering through the doorframe at the scene before her. 

As I crossed the room to tuck in Levi next I saw EJ peak up next to his mom and could very faintly hear her whisper (obviously not meant for my ears). "Hold onto her and don't hurt her, She's family already you are just giving her a new place in it." I smiled to myself as I turned off the light and walked out of the room to meet Nora and EJ just standing in the hallway with a slight awkward silence.

I uncomfortably said to Nora "Alrighty then, the boys are both asleep"

She laughed a little and smiled in EJ's direction as she announced "Ok well me and Carter (EJ and Mia's dad) are gonna head to bed now, don't stay up too late kids" and walked back to the living room.

EJ and I watched as she walked out of sight and took a bit of a knowing sigh of relief as we new she was just trying to give us a second of alone time seeing as we had little time together left. He came up to me and just put his arms around me with big smile on his face. His arms were circling my upper shoulder and the back of my neck placing my head in his chest as he was taller than me. A small laugh escaped my lips as I wrapped my arms around his waist in response when I asked, "What's this for?".

"Because why not" was the response I was met with.

I breathed in just to take a second to enjoy the moment and hold onto the smell of his cologne on his shirt. I shook my head and let go of the comforting position reluctantly as I said, "come on, we better get back to Mia in the living room before she wonders where everyone disappeared to" and turned towards the other direction leaving EJ standing alone in the hallway. But I wasn't just walking away from him I was walking away from a moment I would freeze in forever if I could.

THANKS FOR READING!!!! SO SORRY TO NOT HAVE UPDATED IN SO LONG. BUT THANK YOU TO ALL THE NEW READERS AND ALL OF THE OLD ONES WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A NEW CHAPTER.I CANT MAKE ANY PROMISES ABOUT A NEW UPDATING SCHEDULE BUT I CAN PROMISE NOT TO ABANDON THIS STORY. I HOPE TO UPDATE AGAIN SOON AND AS ALWAYS PLEASE VOTE AND ADD THIS STORY TO YOUR READING LISTS.