Prologue

"Okay, I have my clothes, check

"Okay, I have my clothes, check. Undergarments, check. Sneakers and flipflop, check. Toiletries, check. Powerbank, check. Everyday sling bag, check. And... cash on hand, hell yeah check." Sana mumbled to herself, checking all the things she will be bringing on her vacation out of the country. She carefully secured the wallet where the money that she just loaned from the bank will be placed.

"Hmm. What else do I need? Hmm. Ah, a jacket. No, it's summer over there so I don't need one." Sana debated to herself. She hangs the jacket back in her closet.

"Tada! It's done!" Sana cheerfully proclaimed after almost an hour of packing her things. She never knew packing for a trip would be this hard, or she's just too excited?

Sana was about to zip the Delsey black luggage that she borrowed from her roommate when she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

"Come in!" Sana shouted while leaving the luggage unclosed.
Someone opened the door and Nayeon peeked inside her room with a wide smile that reveals her adorable two front teeth.

"Are you busy?" Nayeon asked her, still in the same position.

"Not anymore. Come in." Sana grinned with arms on her torso.
Nayeon walks inside with her hands on her back, hiding something.
"Oh, so you're done preparing for your flight tomorrow?"

"Yeah, just now." Sana released a sigh.

"Do you need anything?" Nayeon inquired, leaning the side of her body on the wall.

"I think I don't need anything," Sana answered, smiling.

"What about your pocket money?" Nayeon asked with a concerned face. She knew Sana has been struggling financially recently.

"I still have extra money left from the money I borrowed from the bank." Sana grinned trying to convince Nayeon that she was fine.

"Are you sure? I told you I can lend you money. You don't have to loan from the bank."

"It's okay, Unnie. I don't want to bother you about money. And I know how you save money for your family's vacation this year. I don't want to ruin it. And besides, the money I borrowed was just enough for my expenses there." Sana reassured Nayeon that everything was alright and nothing to be worried about.

Sana is a nursery teacher. Surely, she has a good salary but she also supports her family back in Japan. So basically, her savings cannot support her expenses on this travel. Eventually, after thorough contemplation, she decided to take a travel loan from the bank. She knew it wasn't a good idea but she thought after a few years of working, she has never traveled, ever. In addition, she strongly wanted to cope up with the stress from her current work.
Thus, Sana was left with no choice but to do it. However, she promised to work hard in the next school year to pay for it.

"Fine." Nayeon agreed. She knew she can't win this conversation with her roommate. She also knew Sana doesn't want to bother any other people whenever she has a problem, most especially if it involves money.