Bubbles

Somewhere in the forest, there were loud blasting sounds and shouts.

"One more time! Close your eyes and feel the mana around you. After that, blast the bubbles as hard as you can to the centre" shouted William to the tired-looking girl.

Alright, one more time. There's no giving up now. I must do it.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Another wave of bubbles hit the centre of the tree causing it to fall.

"Good job! You did it!" the golden masked man smiled from a branch of a huge tree. Julius had asked him to train the girl as she had no exposure in magic or mana before. He knew the reason was that he was the safest choice in protecting her identity to prevent any chaos.

"Finally! Did you saw it?!" Vanessa shouted with joy. "I saw it. Keep up the good work. Take a rest first before we call it a day." William jumped from the branch and landed on the ground beside her.

After days of blasting bubbles, she finally managed to control the direction and strength. While nibbling a bread that she brought with her, some birds came pecking on the breadcrumbs.

"William."
"Hmmm?"
"You have helped me a lot, from comforting me when I'm scared, to teaching me how to write and training lessons. Honestly, I do not know how to repay your kindness. So, I know it is shameless for me to ask this after everything you have done for me, but can I borrow some money?"

Vanessa looked at William with her puppy eyes.

"I have a bad habit where if my eyes are latched onto something, I will keep on thinking about it day and night until I bought it."
"I have to admit that you got me in the first half. So, what do you want to buy so desperately?"
"It's a beautiful bracelet."

With a small laugh, "Alright, where is the bracelet sold? Let's have a look first."