Chapter 2

Amelia POV 

"It didn't go well, huh?" Alex asks as I use my legs to make the computer chair spin. "Stop it, I'm getting dizzy." I pouted at him since he locked the chair and he shook his head "Girl you just made my head hurt." I scoffed and said "You and I have been friends for so many years, you don't think my head hurts whenever I'm with you?" Alex glared at me and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Jeez I'm guessing your mood answers my question earlier." I sighed and gave him a small smile "Apology accepted." Alex said smiling and I sighed staring at the window staring at students as they walked down the hallways with a smile plastered into their faces.

Happiness...

After a few moments of me day dreaming our AP teacher finally came and she began her discussion about how Spain colonized the Philippines for 333 years. "Ms. Sanchez, you have Filipino blood running through your veins, am I right?" I nodded my head at her and she smiled "Can you share to the class some Filipino words that you know?" I sat up straight and said "Some phrases that I know are 'Gutom na ako' which stands for 'I'm hungry.' another one is 'Papunta na ako' which means 'I'm on my way.' the last one is; 'Di ko alam' which stands for 'I don't know.' ."

"Lunes ngayon, it means 'today is Monday." I glanced at the door and saw a male who seems to be 18 years old I think, his hair is dark brown but his eyes are blue, he looks a little bit of a Filipino but his accent has a hint of french in it. He's tall as well, so I'm guessing he's 6ft.

"Mr. Garcia, how can I help you?" I locked eye contact with him and after a few seconds he looked away and said "The principal asked me to announce earlier in the PA that the election for student council officers will be today, at 1:30pm."

"It's already 1:45pm." Alex said

"We weren't informed that the PA here in your classroom wasn't working, that's why I'm here." Mr. Garcia said and our teacher smiled at him "Thank you for that Mr. Garcia, everyone to the gym please thank you." I stood up, grabbed my bag and Alex winked at me "Is he your type?" I frowned and said "I don't even know him." Alex smirked at me and shook his head.

We rushed to the gym and once we settled down the principal began to talk "Now that 12-A is here, let us begin. Welcome students, today we will be having an election day for student council officers in the highschool department, we will be having an election for the following officers."

I looked at the screen and saw the list of officers that needs to be nominated:

Student Council President

Student Council Vice President

Student Council Secretary

Student Council Treasurer

Student Council Reporter

"There will be 5 positions, and the council will consist of 6members, who will be those members? The members will be the elected students who didn't win any position, shall we begin?" The crowd clapped and yelled and I just scrolled through my phone.

"Now if you remember last week, we handed out surveys for you students to answer and the following people please come here in front:

Amelia Sanchez

Alexander Cruz

Niki Lee

Yuri Smith

Gabriel Garcia

William Brown

Liam Davis

Andrew Johnson

Julian Antonio