Miss You

Time had gone by so fast, Arnav and Khushi weren't able to keep up with time.They had thought that they would get married sooner than later and settle down in their own small world. However, their family had something way different planned. They had a whole of functions that would last months if not more. Both sides were adamant that the wedding had to be grand because Arnav Singh Raizada had to keep up with his reputation and also because Khushi's parents wanted to fulfill all of their daughter's dreams and wishes. They wanted to make sure she didn't feel like they were not able to do much for her or were differentiating between Payal and her. 

It was bothersome, to say the least. Arnav and Khushi didn't get much time for each other. The last time they were together in every sense was when they went shopping, but even then it was a short period. After their shopping for clothes had finished, they had pecked each other on their cheeks and bid adieu. Both headed towards their separate homes thinking about wanting more from each other. More than pecks.

They tried meeting each other again, but for some reason the families thought it wouldn't be appropriate for them to meet so often, especially alone before marriage. A little too late for that after the shopping trip, but apparently, they were going to be strict. There was always someone creeping around them, whenever Arnav and Khushi were together. 

Once, Arnav had called Khushi to meet at a cafe near their house so they could talk, but whiffs of their plans reached Mami too quickly. She ended up accompanying them along with Khushi's Bua ji. 

Later on, Khushi had invited Arnav to her college to help her with a project. It was just an excuse to be alone with him, but even then Payal and Akash were forced to babysit them. It was awkward for all of them, but they got through it.

After those brief calls, Arnav and Khushi both realized that it was going to be impossible for them to meet each other until they were officially tied down.

So, here there were a month later. Arnav busy with his work and Khushi busy with her college work. When Arnav called, Khushi was dead asleep. However, when Khushi called Arnav was in some type of meeting. There was never good timing. Although, they always made sure to text each other throughout the day and wish each other good night or good morning. Those words assured them both that the other is always thinking about them.  

However, it had been such a long time since they had heard each other's voices. Khushi at one point had thought she was going crazy when she imagined Arnav's voice echoing in her room at 2' o clock in the morning. 

On the other hand, Arnav was sure that Khushi had come to his house a couple of times, but their bad timing stopped them from meeting each other. Whenever he planned to go to her house, he only made it to the driveway and then was forced to return to his lonely bedroom. Khushi was always surrounded by her family, it was impossible for him to enter her house without anyone knowing.

----------------------------

Arnav flipped through the pages of his file in his office. It was almost 8 p.m. now, but Arnav had no signs of going home. He had an important meeting coming up soon and he wanted to make sure he finished all of his important deals before his marriage, he wanted to devote as much time as he possibly could to his future wife. 

Arnav let out a long breath.

Khushi!

Arnav closed his eyes and tried remembering how her warm lips felt on his face. The way she scrunched her nose at his sarcastic remarks or threw him a hateful glare whenever he teased her. He missed her so much. He had never thought he would feel like this. His stomach was on fire whenever he thought about her and his heart picked up its pace at the sound of her name.