Not what I planned...

It's getting close to midnight and I haven't talked to Andrew since our dance earlier. I'm sitting at the table talking to Emma, Millie and Lily when the guys come over and join us. Andrew sits across from me and gives me a crooked little smile.

"What were you ladies talking about?" Hunter asks as he sits next to Millie.

"I was just trying to convince Abigail to move here to Cincinnati." Emma is really pushing for me to sell my place in Chicago. We've become really good friends since we met. I have friends in Chicago but none that I feel as close to as I do Emma and Leo.

I see Andrew raise his eyebrow at me as he waits for me to say what I think about it. I look at Emma.

"I have to admit the idea does sound appealing. It would be nice to be close to you, Leo and baby Amelia. We'll see. I have a couple of trips lined up already so moving isn't really feasible right now."

I see Andrew smile at me and I smile back. Emma and Leo aren't the only reasons that moving to Cincinnati sounds appealing. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I've never even been on a date with Andrew or had a conversation that lasted longer than fifteen minutes for that matter.

A waiter comes around and fills our glasses with champagne for the midnight toast. The band leader calls everyone's attention to the big screen TV that's showing Times Square in New York.

"Everyone grab that someone special and get ready for that New Years kiss. We have three minutes until midnight."

People all get up and find there significant other if they have one. While our friends all get up from our table Andrew and I remain seated. He eventually leans forward and grabs his champagne glass before rising out of his chair. He doesn't take his eyes off me as he starts to walks around the table towards me.

He's stopped by Noah's mom before he makes it all the way around the table.

"Andrew, toast the New Year with me please. Noah's father is off dealing with the caterer. Something isn't right with the bill and he and Kate's dad are trying to fight out."

I can't help but laugh. At this rate Andrew and I will never get to kiss each other.

He's looking over Mrs Parkers shoulder at me with big eyes. I wave my hand at him to go ahead. He puts his arm around Mrs Parker and leads her out to the dance floor where everyone is standing. He glances over his shoulder and mouths the words I'm sorry. I smile and mouth back it's okay.

I grab my glass and go out to stand by Emma and Leo. The countdown begins and then while almost everyone else is kissing someone I down my glass of champagne. Leo gives me a kiss on the cheek and I hug Emma. Through the crowd I see Andrew kiss Kate on the cheek and hug Noah while Noah's mom hugs Kate.

After a few minutes of talking with people I excuse myself and head the restroom. I think that last glass of champagne might of put me over the edge.

In the restroom I splash some water on my face and decide its time to call it a night. Clearly things aren't meant to happen between Andrew and I. Its probably for the best anyway, the whole situation is too complicated. I go out to the table where my purse is and take my phone out to text Emma and tell her I'm heading back to my hotel and that I'll call them tomorrow.

I request an Uber in the elevator and luckily there's one right outside when I get out there. It's about a fifteen minute drive to my hotel room and I'm glad when I finally make it to my room and I'm able to take my shoes off. My dress and underwear are next to go. I go into the bathroom naked and wash my face and brush my teeth. I'm about to crawl into the bed when there's a knock at my door.