Prologue

Everything was dark, a bit too dark to see what was around. Just like a turned off screen, or a room without windows. No sense of surrounding, no idea what monsters lurk within.

Yet a vague figure soon appeared after silent, tortuous minutes of waiting for something to happen. The figure looked like it was wearing some type of robe, yet it held against the figure. It was weird, an outline of a person he could barely see and he didn't even recognize it. It gave him headaches.

Eventually a voice came "Do you know what a majority vote is?" It asked, in an almost disappointed sounding tone, like it was judging him for not having answered yet.

He was about to respond before..

"Ugh.. My head hurts.. The hell?" Jotaro complained, lifting his head up and looking around. Taking a notice that his stand was out, looking at him like it was concerned. Weird, that usually didn't happen, so he called his stand back, watching silently as it disappeared from sight. He finally recognized where he was in a classroom, the detention room to be specific. Guess he fell asleep on his desk, oh well.

He forced himself up, taking a moment to stretch before he shoved his hand in his jacket pockets, pulling out a box of cigarettes he kept on him, looking out the window to see how it was almost pitch black. Murmuring curses under his breath as he headed towards the school's exit, wondering why the hell the teacher didn't wake him up.

As soon as he got outside, Jotaro leaned against one of the walls near the door, looking around the outside. Noticing a few lights were still on, maybe a teacher stayed late? He didn't care, but he couldn't help but notice as he stuck a cigarette between his lips and started a small spark using a lighter.

He just wanted a quick bit of relief, yet he felt.. Anxious.

Like someone was there and he couldn't see them, so he looked around glaring at the surroundings.He didn't see anything yet the feeling remained, so he just unconsciously let his foot tap until he finished his cigarette. Blowing out the last bit of smoke before he took a step off the wall. He might as well head home before fear gets the better of him.

Taking a few steps, adjusting his hat before he tripped, feeling something wrapped around his leg. So apparently he was right, he wasn't alone here, shit.

"Star Platinum!" He called out, his stand coming out, punching at whatever was around his leg (with the signature calling of 'Ora!'), before he heard a sound of pain and whatever was around his leg dropped, quickly he looked around trying to spot where the noise came from. Apparently it came from a bush.

Just as he was about to command his stand to punch whoever was there, hands of surrender popped up and slowly moved away.

To reveal that the mysterious attacker wasn't even that mysterious at all. They had just offered an awkward smile and a tilt of the head "Apologies Jotaro, I just wanted to see if I could scare you." Kakyoin excused, his smile remained as Jotaro just shook his head "Good grief.. If you don't want to be punched, don't act like an enemy, Noriaki." Jotaro said, giving him a slight glare that Kakyoin only responded to with a chuckle.

"What are you doing at school so late anyways? Were you waiting for me..?" Jotaro asked, offering a slightly confused glance but nothing else was on his usually emotionless face "I thought I told you I started taking an after school club? Either way I got out early so I decided to wait, plus I wouldn't want to walk alone." Kakyoin commented, before turning to head towards the school gates.

Jotaro sighed under his breath and followed after Kakyoin, why was he friends with him again? Too talkative for his liking.. But at least Kakyoin was a good friend, someone trustworthy. But he still ignored his ramblings about the art club he was now taking, not really wanting to hear it.