ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

TUESDAY

It was the early hours of the morning and I had just thrown up again. My arm felt like it was in fire. I don't think I stopped crying for three or four hours and my eyes felt so raw. I brushed my teeth and looked into the mirror. 

My brown hair was a tangled mess and the ponytail holder was falling out. My eyes were bright red and raw, black mascara trailed down my face. I sniffed the white linen shirt I had on and it reeked of vomit. I don't know how I kept it off of it. I placed my hands on the sink and leaned back, my head in between my arms and facing the white tile. I let out a gasping sob, the sharp noise cut my throat roughly. I stood there and let my tears drip onto the floor.  A fist rapped at my door.

I snapped my head up and wiped at my eyes, it didn't really do any good because my make-up just smeared more. I tried to flatten my hair as best as I could and buttoned up my shirt. I tremble as I reach for the door handle. The black door opens silently.

"A-Anastasia?" Draco's voice shook and my heart just broke. I grabbed him and pulled him in, shutting the door behind him. 

Draco sat on my bed with his elbows resting on his knees and buried his head into his hands. I sit down next to him and rub his back softly, my own tears still streaming down my face.

"You look terrible," Draco chuckled painfully after a few moments. I laugh and my voice cracked badly.

"Yeah, I know,"

"You smell like vomit,"

I smack him for that one, he laughs and runs his hands through his hair. The air thickens after his comment and I squirm.

"I'm sorry," His voice is barely a whisper.

"I forgive you, you know," I watch my hands, suddenly fascinated with them.

"Do you want to know what happened? Or will you shut me down again?" He turned and looked at me, I shoot him a tired smile. "It was Pansy. She did something to us, drugged us or something. Two birds one stone or whatever,"

"Oh my-" I burst into a quiet fit of giggles and Draco slapped his hand over his mouth and laughed. We calmed down a bit and stared into my eyes.

"I can't believe you're here. I can't believe you're going through this with me, when did you find out your father was alive?"

"That time when I didn't eat for days," I look down and play with the blanket on the bed. Draco's hand touched my tear-stained face and tilted it back up at him. He stroked my cheek softly and grab his hand with mine but leave it on my face.

"Let's get you cleaned up," He whispers. Draco leads me to the large bathroom and that's when I get a good look at the place. The bathtub was huge, about the quarter of the size of the prefects bathroom at Hogwarts. There was a shower head in the middle of the bath. Draco ran the water and I grabbed make-up remover from my bag. Draco took my stuff and wiped my face off gently.

I undressed quickly and sat in the bath. Draco sat at the edge of the bathtub and took my hair down. He brushed it until all the knots were out and his fingers rested on my shoulder. His mere touch gave me butterflies. The burning of my arm faded to an itch under the water. 

"I'll leave you be," I heard Draco get up and walk over to the door.

"Will you wait in my room for me?" I turn my head, his hand was on the handle and I could see his splotchy face twitch.

"Yeah," He shot me a small smile and closed the door behind himself.

I bathed quickly, rinsing my hair with the shower head. I stand up out of the bathtub and dry my skin off. My long hair dripped water all over the floor so I wrap it in a towel. Draco was kind enough to set some clothes in the bathroom for me. I slipped on the pair of shorts, one of my favorite pairs actually. But I didn't recognize the sweater, I looked at the tag and on the inside was monogrammed D.M. I smiled and threw the green crewneck over my head. The floor was oddly cold so I walked faster than usual.